SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Wilderness Safaris Photographic Competition
Our photographic competition Capture the Soul of Africa sets out to harness images that capture this spirit and soul of Africa. With fantastic prizes on offer, and a world-class judging panel, the competition is your chance to showcase the wonders and abundance of Africa, and, with each entry submitted, raise funds for a number of incredible conservation and community initiatives. We invite you to submit any of your favourite images taken anywhere in Africa within our five categories, African Wildlife, African Landscapes, Conserving Africa’s Wilderness, People / Cultures & Communities of Africa and Africa’s Plants and Insects (Macro). Non-Africa imagery will not be eligible for prizes. Prizes to the total value of US$90 000 is on offer to the overall winner and the five category winners.
Contest Prize & TERMS
WILDERNESS SAFARIS PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
Win an all-expenses paid eight-night safari for two people sharing at a choice of three Wilderness Safaris Classic camps (Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe). Prizes include a private photographic guide, Olympus camera equipment (E-M1 MarkII + 12-100 PRO Lens), international flights (economy) to the destination country, as well as charter flights. Total prize value: USD 22 000.
FIVE CATEGORY WINNERS
We will select one winner for each of the five categories.
The category prize includes a four-night safari for two people sharing at one Wilderness Safaris Classic camp of their choice (Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe), with charter flights to and from the camp included. Total prize value: USD 8 000 Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: By submitting images to the Wilderness Safaris Photographic Competition website each entrant confirms and warrants that:
• they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
• they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
• they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Wilderness Safaris and will indemnify Wilderness Safaris against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
• they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Wilderness Safaris; and
• they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Wilderness Safaris and will indemnify Wilderness Safaris against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement
Every participant hereby agrees and irrevocably permits Wilderness Safaris to use the images submitted to this competition in publications, marketing material, social media and printed media at the sole and absolute discretion of Wilderness Safaris. USAGE RIGHTS: Entrants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of the photographs they enter except for the following:
• your entry to the contest constitutes your agreement to allow your entered photographs—and your name, country of residence and photo information —to be published as Winners or Honourable Mentions on the Wilderness Safaris websites and social media platforms,
• and you grant to Wilderness Safaris and its licensees the perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entry (along with a name credit) in connection with the Wilderness Safaris Photographic Competition and promotion for the Wilderness Safaris Photographic Competition, in any media now or hereafter known
Images used on merchandise commissioned by the organisers will be discussed individually with the photographer concerned and a separate agreement made.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 99,787 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'