Wilderness Safaris Photographic Competition 2020
We want to see Africa through your eyes – and through your lens. For the fourth consecutive year, Wilderness Safaris is running its international photo competition, open to anyone and soliciting photographs taken anywhere on the continent. Help us celebrate and share the spectacular landscapes, unparalleled wildlife, and culturally rich, welcoming people that define Africa. With the global COVID-19 pandemic inhibiting travel and challenging us on so many levels, now more than ever we need to reminisce – and dream – of Africa’s beauty, adventure, wide-open spaces, and true wilderness. As captured in your photographs – your focus on Africa.
So whether you’re shooting elephant crossing the snaking blue channels of the Okavango, Himba traversing the rolling dunes of the Kaokoveld, the intense gaze of a mountain gorilla, a camel caravan in the Sahara, or any other striking scene, we’d love to see the best images you have to offer.
Contest Prize & TERMS
One overall winner will be chosen from across the four categories.
Win an all-expenses paid eight-night safari for two people sharing at a choice of three Wilderness Safaris Classic camps (Botswana, Namibia, Zambia or Zimbabwe). Prizes include a private photographic guide, international flights (economy) to the destination country, as well as charter flights.
Total prize value: USD20 000.
FOUR CATEGORY WINNERS
We will select one winner for each of the four categories.
The category prize includes a four-night safari (Botswana, Namibia, Zambia or Zimbabwe), with charter flights to and from the camp included.
Total prize value: USD8 500. Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: By submitting images to the Wilderness Safaris Photographic Competition website each entrant confirms and warrants that:
• they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
• they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
• they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Wilderness Safaris and will indemnify Wilderness Safaris against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
• they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Wilderness Safaris; and
• they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Wilderness Safaris and will indemnify Wilderness Safaris against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement USAGE RIGHTS: Entrants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of the photographs they enter except for the following:
• your entry to the contest constitutes your agreement to allow your entered photographs—and your name, country of residence and photo information —to be published as Winners or Honourable Mentions on the Wilderness Safaris websites and social media platforms,
• and you grant to Wilderness Safaris and its licensees the perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entry (along with a name credit), in any media now or hereafter known. Wilderness Safaris may, in its sole and absolute discretion, reproduce the images submitted by the Participant in publications, marketing material, social media and printed media as well as to utilise the images for commercial or charitable benefit. Commercial or charitable benefit shall be limited to the auctioning of the images online or as part of an exhibition in favour of a charitable organisation or inclusion of the images in a coffee table book to be gifted to guests or sold in the Wilderness Safaris camp shops to the benefit of a charitable organisation.
• The Participants hereby specifically waives any claim that he/she may have for any compensation arising from Wilderness Safaris’ use of the submitted images as detailed herein.
Images used on merchandise commissioned by the organisers will be discussed individually with the photographer concerned and a separate agreement made.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 96,360 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'