SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
WeCare Festival: Living to the End
WeCare Festival: Living to the end
International Festival of Creative Representations of the End of Life
WeCare promotes knowledge about important issues at the end of life through research, training and other social actions.
The end of life is often identified with suffering. With this festival, we want to reflect that life can be meaningful, in all circumstances, until the end.
For this reason, this competition aims to present the end of life as a situation in which we can find meaning. Through the photographs, a voice will be given to the patients, family members and healthcare professionals who experience this situation.
The festival will also include panel discussions between experts from different disciplines. We aim to provide information about, give greater visibility and generate debate about the end of life.
Submissions that reflect the end of life from the following perspective will be admitted:
People with advanced illnesses
People with chronic illness or physical limitations
Children or adolescents facing the end of their life or that of those around them
Family members, friends and caregivers
Other related themes
The festival will take place in March 2018.
1. Any person or company of any nationality can participate in this call.
2. The photographs should be sent via email to the WeCare Chair – [email protected] along with the personal data form
3. The official languages of the festival will be Spanish, Catalan and English. The title of the photograph should be submitted in one of these three languages.
4. Each participant can present an unlimited number of photographs.
5. Accepting these conditions implies that the WeCare Chair and the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya can use the submitted photographs for teaching and dissemination means both inside and outside of the festival dates (always referencing the photographer). The photographs selected by the judges may be included in the book to commemorate the first edition of this festival.
6. The submission period has been extented to 31st Janruary 2018. It will not be possible to accept work presented after this date.
7. The organising committee reserve the right to modify these conditions in special cases.
8. The photographs submitted should have a resolution of 300 dpi and the maximum possible size. They should be sent in JPG or TIFF format.
9. Prizes: 1st prize – 400 euros
Contest Prize & TERMS
COPYRIGHT: WeCare Festival does not claim copyright over images submitted to this contest, you the author retain full copyright in each entry. The photographs may however be used for teaching and dissemination purposes. USAGE RIGHTS: WeCare Chair and the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya will use the submitted photographs for teaching and dissemination means both inside and outside of the festival dates (always referencing the photographer). The photographs selected by the judges may be included in the book and exhibition to commemorate the first edition of this festival.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 91,090 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'