SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Waterman Center 2019 #NatureNOW Nature Photo Contest
The Waterman Conservation Education Center #NatureNOW photography contest is a fund-raising program designed to encourage participants to get out and explore nature.
Contest Categories are as follows:
• Plant life and landscape – images can be photographed anywhere, of any scale from macro to landscape to astronomic images
• Wildlife – images can be photographed anywhere must feature one or more wild mammals, reptiles or amphibians – macro, micro or otherwise
• Birdlife – images can be photographed anywhere and must feature one or more wild birds
• People in Nature – can be photographed anywhere and must feature people out hiking or otherwise enjoying nature. Photographer is required to provide proof of permission from the featured person(s).
• Waterman Properties – any nature image produced from one of Waterman Center’s six nature reserves located in Broome and Tioga Counties, NY: Apalachin Marsh, Brick Pond, Hilton Road Interpretive Center and Trails, IBM Glen, Hiawatha Island, Pettus Hill Preserve
Except for the Waterman Properties category, images can be photographed anywhere in the world, and beyond!
Contest submission is open to adults ages 18 and up. Youth entries, anyone younger than 18, are permitted with written consent from a parent or guardian.
A publicity video is available at Vimeo link
Contest Prize & TERMS
There will be a total of 9 prize winners and 6 honorable mentions, awarded as follows:
1. Adult grand prize
2. 1 adult winner in each category
3. Youth 1st, 2nd and 3rd over all categories
4. Honorable mention will be recognized in each category and age group
Prizes will be divided amongst the winners and include:
- Cash Prizes of $200 for grand prize winner, $50 for each adult category winner. Youth will receive cash equivalent giftcards for $50 for first place and $25 for 2nd and 3rd
- Wild Birds Unlimited gift cards at $75 for grand prize and $25 youth 1st place
- Beyond the Print gift cards at $50 for grand prize winner, $25 for adult winner in each category, $25 for youth first place, $10 each youth 2nd and 3rd place.
- Free workshop admittance for one to a JW Johnston Photography workshop, "Composition Composition Composition" or "The Notion of Motion", a $100 value.
- Hunts Photo and Video - 6 x $50 gift cards
- One half-day one-on-one photography workshop with Teri Franzen of Teri Franzen Photography, tailorable by the winner. Instruction can include a field shoot, basic to advanced exposure techniques, beginner to advanced post-processing in Lightroom/Photoshop, portfolio reviews, etc.
- One half-day one-on-one photography workshop with Bill Baburchak of Long Creek Photography, tailorable by the winner. Instruction can include a field shoot, basic to advanced exposure techniques, post-processing, etc.
- ADATA 128 GB micro-SDXC cards with adaptor donated from Unicorn Electronics awarded one each to youth first, second and third place winners
- Two Rivers Photography Club one-year, single membership, a $40 value
- Red River Paper $50 gift card
Each of the 9 winning images will be printed at Beyond the Print, mounted on a backboard and displayed in the interpretive center gallery. After the display period, each winner will receive his or her printed image. Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: By submitting to this contest, you indicate that the images submitted were captured by you and that you have full copyright ownership. When entering, you retain full copyright of your images. USAGE RIGHTS: Waterman Center may choose to display a print of winning images in their contest gallery. At the end of the display period of less than one year you will receive your printed image. Images may also be used in publicity surrounding the contest. Waterman Center will not use your images for any non-contest related purpose without express, written consent from the photographer.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 93,894 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'