SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
The International Portrait Photographer of the Year
A global competition for professionals & amateurs purely for the showcase of portrait photography. We aim to be the gold standard for portrait photography worldwide.
There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing your photos published alongside the world’s best. And the International Portrait Photographer of the Year Awards book is a real book – printed on paper and bound between hard covers, but of course, you will also be able to see the wonderful flip-book presentations here on the website. Being published is a mark of success!
This is our first year of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year Award and we’re following a similar philosophy to our successful International Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards (now in its eighth year). And because we want to create a book of ‘contemporary’ photography, we’re not interested in old chestnuts that have won awards years ago, we want to see what you’re capturing and processing now. That’s why your entries must have been captured after 1 January 2019 (so, within the last 28-odd months).
The main aim of our Award is to be one of the Top 101 portrait photographs of the year. This gives you a place in our exclusive book which is published online and can be purchased as a ‘real’ hard-cover paper publication as well (it’s proudly printed by Momento Pro).
There is US$10,000 in cash prizes for the top three photographs and top three photographers (requiring a portfolio of at least four entries), plus a printed copy of the book from Momento Pro. And there are five special subject prizes winning a print from Created For Life!
Contest Prize & TERMS
COPYRIGHT: The Organiser acknowledges that You retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry. USAGE RIGHTS: All Entrants agree that any Entry submitted to the Award may be used by the Organiser, and its Event Partners, for the purposes of judging the Competition, and marketing and promotional purposes of the Competition.
Winning entries (including the top 101) will be used as follows and only with respect to promoting the competition:
• displaying the winning entries at public exhibitions promoting the Awards;
• inclusion within the Organiser's and Event partners' websites and magazines, an awards book, magazine or similar (in both paper and digital media);
• inclusion in future publications and websites promoting the Awards, such as a 10-year anniversary compendium of past winners;
• inclusion within any material promoting the Awards;
• sub-licensing winning Entries to the press (such as magazines and websites) for reproduction in connection with the Competition and any exhibition. Please note, these organisations do not need to contact you separately for permission to use your photo in connection with the Competition - you are giving us permission here which we will give to them;
• allowing viewers of the Awards website to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone for their personal, non-commercial use only.
Non-winning entries may be used solely to promote the competition for a period not to exceed 3 years from the close of the competition.
The Organiser wishes to promote the Awards with the winners' images, but we don't want to prevent our winners from benefiting commercially from sales of their own work. A small number of entrants may need to be able to license their work exclusively at some point in the future and the Organizer commits to providing a release in such circumstances upon being contacted.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 93,891 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'