SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
PWP SPRING 2012 Women’s Int’l Juried Photo Exhibition
Professional Women Photographers (PWP) invites all women artists working with any photographic process to submit images. Submission deadline is January 31, 2012. The exhibition juror will be Mary Ellen Mark.
The contest includes $3000 in cash awards; valuable prizes provided by Datacolor, global leader in color management solutions and color communication technology; a group show in Manhattan’s .NO gallery; an online exhibition and a feature article in IMPRINTS Magazine Spring/Summer 2012 issue.
Winners will be selected in each of the following four categories:
• The Human Experience (Portraiture, Street Photography, etc.)
• Our Earth (Landscape, Cityscapes, Animals, Nature, etc.)
• Travel (Any subject or genre, taken while away from home)
• Digital Imagination (Digitally enhanced images, including
Composites, Montages, Abstracts, etc.)
ELIGIBILITY: This Call for Entries is open worldwide to ALL WOMEN PHOTOGRAPHERS; NON-MEMBERS AND MEMBERS OF PWP, AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL. Only 2-D work is eligible and
images accepted for the gallery show must be limited in FRAMED SIZE to 20 x 24 inches.
Mary Ellen Mark is an American photographer known for her photojournalism, portraiture, and advertising photography. She has had 16 collections of her work published and has been exhibited at galleries and museums worldwide. She is a contributing photographer to The New Yorker and has published photo-essays and portraits in such publications as LIFE, The New York Times Magazine, Rolling
Stone, and Vanity Fair.
Ms Mark was presented with the Cornell Capa Award by the International Center of Photography in 2001. Among her other achievements are the Infinity Award for Journalism, an Erna & Victor Hasselblad Foundation Grant, a Walter Annenberg Grant, the John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, the Matrix Award for outstanding woman in the field of film/photography, and the Dr. Erich Salomon Award for outstanding merits in the field of journalistic photography.
Contest Prize & TERMS
• First Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $300, plus a Datacolor SpyderCheckr camera calibration system ($129 value.) Their selected images will appear in an article in the Spring/Summer issue of IMPRINTS Magazine. Their images will be exhibited in the .NO Gallery show and the online exhibition.
• Second Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $200, plus a Datacolor SpyderLensCal ($59 value.) Their images will appear in an article in IMPRINTS Spring/Summer issue. Their images will be exhibited in the .NO Gallery show and the online exhibition.
• Third Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $100 plus a Datacolor SpyderCube ($49 value.) Their images will appear in an article in the Spring/Summer issue of IMPRINTS. Their images will be exhibited in the .NO Gallery show and the online exhibition.
• Jurors’ Selections: 15 additional images will be included in the gallery and the online exhibitions.
• Honorable Mention: 30 additional images will be included in the PWP online gallery exhibition. ELIGIBILITY: Women Worldwide 18+ Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: Artists maintain copyright on all of their work. USAGE RIGHTS: By submission for jurying, artists grant PWP the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and other PWP programs, and for reproduction online and in a print Exhibition catalogue. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from PWP. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 90,580 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'