Old Frame New Picture
Old Frame New Picture: challenging stereotypes of older people in Greater Manchester.
When you see an article about older people in the press, it is often accompanied by a photo of someone who looks vulnerable or frail and there will often be at least one wrinkly hand in the foreground.
Greater Manchester Older People’s Network has had enough of this and has launched Old Frame New Picture to celebrate the diversity of older people’s lives and their contributions to society.
Professional and amateur photographers can take part by submitting their photograph of at least one person aged over 50, under one of six themes:
· supporting my community
· old and proud
· friends and family
· taking part
· self-portraits (including selfies)
The photographer or the subject should be from Greater Manchester.
· Alex Rotas – Photographer specialising in challenging ageing stereotypes
· Virginia Tandy – Director of CADA, the Creative Ageing Development Agency
· Helen Wewiora – Director of the Castlefield Gallery
· Mike Sweeney – BBC Radio Manchester broadcaster
· Jai Chuhan – a visual artist, winner of the bOlder prize at the Manchester Open
· Members of the Greater Manchester Older People’s Network
Six winning entries will be featured in a digital billboard campaign across Greater Manchester as well as appearing in an online exhibition, featuring in a set of printed postcards and being made available to not-for-profit organisations for use in marketing and communications.
There are also three cash prizes of £250, £100 and £50.
How to enter
Entries can be submitted via online platform https://zealous.co/
Terms and conditions and full details of the completion can be found here:
The closing date is 13th November.
Contest Prize & TERMS
COPYRIGHT: Entrants should not give permission for any photographs they submit, to be used to publicise or promote companies, individuals, organisations or causes, other than this competition until the 1st January 2022.
• The Greater Manchester Older People’s Network reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• If any shortlisted winners are unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the Greater Manchester Older People’s Network reserves the right to select another entry.
• These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by the Greater Manchester Older People’s Network.
Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs that they submit. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the Greater Manchester Older People’s Network, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority and their partners* a license to publish and exhibit their photographs on any media for a period of 5 years from 11th January 2021, for noncommercial purposes.
• We will make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, but we cannot guarantee that every published use of the photographs will include the photographers' names.
*These include but are not exclusively: the ten Local Authorities in Greater Manchester, Transport for Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester Centre for Voluntary Organisations, Health Innovation Manchester and Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership. USAGE RIGHTS: Winning images from the competition will be used in publicity campaigns for positive ageing in Greater Manchester. Six winning entries will be featured in a digital billboard campaign across Greater Manchester early next year, as well as appearing in an online exhibition and featuring in a set of printed postcards to promote positive ageing.
The best images will also form a new bank of photographs for use by local charities and other not for profit organisations in their marketing and communications, providing a positive alternative to the kinds of images currently available.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 96,081 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'