SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
#MakeMercuryHistory Photo Contest
Photographers from all over the world are invited to participate and raise awareness of the ongoing global concern of toxic mercury (deadline: 31 December 2022).
The #MakeMercuryHistory Photo Contest features three categories: mercury pollution, the environment, and the people working to phase out mercury.
Winners will be announced on 22 April (Earth Day) 2023.
Contest Prize & TERMS
• Winners will receive a framed printed copy of their photo and an official certificate from the secretariat of the Minamata Convention.
• Winners will be invited to be part of a special event on photography and mercury in the context of the public awareness campaign for the Convention's 6th anniversary in 2023.
• Winner and finalist photos in each category will be part of a virtual exhibition on the Minamata Convention website to be launched for the World Environment Day – 5 June 2023 and promoted through social media challenges giving credit to the authors.
• Winner and finalist photos will be part of a physical photo exhibition at the fifth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Minamata Convention on Mercury (COP-5) to be held in October/November 2023 in Geneva, Switzerland.
• Winner and finalists’ photos will be part of a 2024 Minamata Convention calendar to be gifted to COP-5 participants in November 2023, and downloadable from the Convention’s website.
• Winner and finalists will receive a printed copy of the 2024 calendar . Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: - The photo must be an original photograph taken by the participant.
- By participating in the contest, the participant acknowledges and confirms that the submitted photo does not infringe on applicable laws and regulations, including data protection law, rights of privacy, the copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity or any other intellectual property rights and other rights of any person or entity and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the submitted photo.
- The photo shall not violate the intellectual property rights and other rights of whatsoever nature in any materials produced by or in relation to the activities of the secretariat of the Minamata Convention on Mercury, which shall be retained by the secretariat. The participant shall only use the Minamata Convention’s name, logo and emblem in connection with the activities under the present photography contest and with the prior written informed consent of the secretariat of the Minamata Convention or as may otherwise have been approved by the secretariat of the Minamata Convention within the context of its activities. In no event will authorization of the Minamata convention’s name, logo or emblem, or any abbreviations thereof, be granted for commercial purposes
- The photo must respect UN values and must not contain obscene, defamatory, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, provocative or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content, which would violate applicable laws and regulations, including on data
protection, privacy, other rights of any individual or entity.
- The secretariat of the Minamata Convention reserves the right to reject any content that it considers unacceptable or inappropriate.
- By entering this contest, participants acknowledge that they are aware that their photos will also be used for outreach activities at the discretion of the secretariat of the Minamata Convention, and agree to it.
- If the artwork features the face of a real person, the author must provide a signed document proving that the portrayed person has authorized the use of his or her image for non-commercial purposes.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 87,876 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'