SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Global Arctic Awards 2013
The International contest Global Arctic Awards 2013 is the contest of Arctic and North pictures,it is open to all photographers around the world.
The theme of the contest is Arctic and North pictures. The contestants’ images will show the diversity of the beautiful nature and animal world, tell about the peculiarities of “icy” life of the Arctic, narrate the unforgettable photo stories about the culture, everyday life and centuries-long traditions of the sparse inhabitants of the North.
- FIAP Northern landscape: Images of the natural habitat. Landscapes of the North
- FIAP Wildlife of the Arctic and the North: Images of the wildlife world inhabiting the northern regions and the Arctic. Please, do not upload the images of a Polar bear to this division
- PSA Travel The Arctic: Images taken in the northern polar region of the globe including the edges of the Eurasia and North America continents and the territory of the Arctic Ocean.
- Polar Bear: Images of a Polar bear in his natural habitat in the Arctic.
- PSA Travel Northern Civilization: Pictorial images of the northern cities, settlements, buildings, industrial objects, deposits.
- PSA Travel Global warming: Series of images telling about the main problem of the Arctic: global changing of climate and ice melting. Images of interaction of a human being and nature. Human impact on the nature and environment of the North and Arctic.
- RPS Northern lights: Images of northern lights
- RPS Ethnos :Life and culture of the sparse inhabitants of the North, ethnography.
- Special section “Yamal in lens” – images taken on the territory of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug, Russia, at different time.
Contest Prize & TERMS
12 PSA medals: 4 gold medals, 4 silver and 4 bronze medals.
6 RPS medals: 2 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze.
12 gold UPI medals and 20 UPI Honorable Mention certificates.
9 PSA and RPS ribbons.
Global Arctic Awards statuette to Arctic photographer of the Year.
"Best Arctic photographs 2012" book to all 1st place winners.
Annual "Foto & Video" magazine subscription to the winners of FIAP Northern landscape section.
Trip to West Greenland with Oceanwide Expeditions company in September 2014. Trip goes to Arctic Photographer of the Year.
Nokia Lumix smartphone from Visit Finland company. Smartphone goes to the winner of Northern Lights section.
The other winners(2-3-4 places) receive gifts from Visit Finland company. ELIGIBILITY: Open to All
JPG format; Size of digital files: minimum 1024x768 pixels, maximum 300 KB., 72 DPI. Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: The author should be a copyright holder of the submitted material. USAGE RIGHTS: By virtue of submitting an entry to the "Global Arctic Awards" contest, the author permits sponsors to use all or part of the submitted material for any purpose, related to the contest and future exhibitions. The sponsors of the competition have a right to:
Reproduce the entries in any part of the “Global Arctic Awards” website (www.arcticawards.ru);
Present prints or digital files for judging by the contest jury;
Exhibit winning entries in printed or digital format at the exhibitions of the "Global Arctic Awards" contest;
Reproduce winning images in the photo albums, informative brochures, digital media and other publications related to the contest and exhibitions; Use winning images for further specialized activities , aimed at the popularization of the contest; Offer the options for the commercial usage of the images to their authors.
The sponsors of the competition pledge to specify the name of the image maker when reproducing it in any form.
Exhibition copies to be shown at the exhibition and printed at the cost of the sponsors of the "Global Arctic Awards" contest will remain with sponsors and may be used within the framework of the competition activity.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 87,878 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'