SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Earth Photo 2024 Call for Entries
Calling for: photography and moving image
Established in 2018 by Forestry England, the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) and Parker Harris, Earth Photo is a world-leading international programme dedicated to still and moving image makers, encouraging conversations about our world, its peoples, environments, and climate change.
The category for submissions is completely open (find out more useful guidance via the entry portal page)
Practitioners of all ages, working in all genres, are encouraged to send their most compelling works as relevant to the focus of Earth Photo.
* We are open to all approaches and ideas — from documentary, photojournalism, contemporary, artistic and conceptual projects. We are keen to receive proposals from all the image-based genres – moving image, photographic series, single images; long-term researched documentary; multimedia; participatory and mobile.
* Individuals and collectives are encouraged to apply.
* Submissions need to have been created within the last 5 years, however images older than this can be included as part of a longform documentary series or as an archive or vernacular photography, or related project as relevant.
* Photographers can submit up to 10 works, we accept short films, photographic images as singles and as a series. Each film submitted needs to be between 5 seconds and maximum 5 minutes long.
All entrants must ensure that the quality of their entries meets the competition’s criteria as stated in the Rules and Guidelines: https://new.artopps.co.uk/opportunities/earth-photo-2024/rules
Contest Prize & TERMS
1. Win up to £1,000, a two-week residency, publication in international magazines, mentorship from acclaimed photographers and filmmakers, and more.
2. Join the Earth Photo 2024 exhibition at the RGS IBG in London, and tour Forestry England sites as well as National Trust properties nationally.
3. Shortlisted works will be considered for New Scientist's photo spread and an exhibition in China with Lishui Photography Festival. Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: Entrants must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all the entries they submit, or they must have obtained permission from the copyright holder to submit the entries on their behalf. The photographer retains the copyright to all their entries into the Earth Photo.
Series and single images submitted should not be older than 5 years old, unless part of a longform documentary project, archive or vernacular series. If your work contains images that are more than 5 years old please share your reason for including them in your work statement or image caption.
Do not add a signature or watermark to any entry, entries with overlay signatures will not be accepted.
It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that all the necessary permissions are obtained from people featured in the project submitted.
Any entries, both still photography and film that are intended as a formal documentary or journalistic storytelling, should endeavour be a faithful representation of the subject. Image and content adjustment or manipulation should be used appropriately. Some digital adjustment or editing is allowed, but the objective should be to remain faithful to the original experience and aim not to deceive the viewer or intentionally misrepresent the people/places/communities depicted. If a documentary/journalistic project is deemed to be deliberately misleading, detrimental or untruthful, leading to negative impact toward any of the content, individuals, place or moment represented, Earth Photo reserves the right to disqualify the work from related awards, presentations or exhibitions as relevant. USAGE RIGHTS: Each entrant agrees to participate in related publicity and to the use of their name, texts and entry for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity of the open call and exhibition without additional compensation.
By entering the open call, you grant Earth Photo a non-exclusive licence to reproduce, publish and communicate your entry to the public by exhibiting your entry through all media throughout the world in relation to your inclusion in Earth Photo. This includes, but is not limited to: the judging process; the exhibition and tour; inclusion in an Earth Photo catalogue or book as relevant; online galleries; promotional, press and marketing materials associated with the Earth Photo; and associated merchandising. Earth Photo is allowed to pass on any entry to online and print publications to be used either for editorial or image based promotion only in relation to the Earth Photo, with full credit given to the photographer. Other commercial opportunities, such as third-party licensing, may exist for photographers to benefit from the use of any selected entry. Where such a commercial benefit is likely to arise, permission will be sought with the photographer directly by Earth Photo in advance.
By entering the open call you accept that your entry may be exhibited by Earth Photo or other exhibitions organised as part of the Earth Photo. Earth Photo reserves the right to reproduce any entry for exhibition purposes.
Earth Photo cannot accept liability for the misuse of entries and or failure of any third party to comply with the Earth Photo‘s credit guidelines.
All applicants to the open call have the opportunity to be featured as an excellent submission on the @ForestryEnglandArts curated Instagram feed*. Please bear in mind that this does not guarantee or indicate selection for the final shortlist. *Please add a note in your submission text if you would not like to be considered for this opportunity.
By entering this open call, all applicants will have read and acknowledged the Earth Photo partner and sponsors information here https://www.earthphoto.world/partners . The sponsors of the Earth Photo reserve the right to reproduce any entry from the exhibition in their own marketing and publications, in relation to the open call and exhibition only.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 82,930 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'