SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Document 2010 The War on Want Photography Award
Document, a new photography award by the charity War on Want, gives young photographers the opportunity to exhibit original work on the issue of poverty and human rights. The award is seeking photographic representations of the human impact of the economic meltdown across the globe.
The deadline for all entrants is 16th December 2009, with a shortlist to be selected by a panel of experts from The Guardian, Foto 8 and Dazed & Confused for a viewing in central London.
An expert panel has been brought together to judge the entries. Your work will be seen by judges including;
◦Roger Tooth – Head of photography for The Guardian
◦Stephen Ledger Lomas – Photographic Director of Dazed & Confused
◦Lauren Heinz – Editor Foto 8 Magazine, as well as Bond and Coyne Associates and War on Want
Exhibition including your work at:
HOST Gallery, Shoreditch, London (including an invitation to the Private View on Thursday 21st January 2010)
Exhibition (toured) Nationally in the UK to two other galleries.
1. Eligibility- Entrants must be registered on a photographic or other image-based degree course.
Entrants will be asked to name their institute, course and course
director/tutor on their application
– Entries are welcome from FE and HE institutions
– Entries are welcome from students in their first, second or third year of study
– Only one submission per student is allowed per year of the award
– Submissions are not accepted from groups of students
2. Submissions and Requirements– War on Want has the right to discount entries that do not fulfil the entry requirements
– Applications sent to the War On Want head office will not be accepted and cannot be returned
– The War on Want head office is not able to answer queries over the phone
– Entrants will be given the option to give their submission a title and a short introduction of up to 50 words. The introduction will be for the submission as a whole. There is not the opportunity to provide an introduction or description for each individual image
– Images may be supplied in colour or black and white and may be portrait or landscape
3. Exhibition Selection– An exhibition at the HOST gallery in London will open in Jan 2010. Submissions
will be selected to take part in the exhibition based on their quality and how theywork in combination with other entries. No minimum or maximum number hasbeen set for the quantity of images to be shown in the exhibition
– By entering the competition, you are agreeing to us using the image in the
exhibition (if selected)
– War on Want will print and mount the images
– Selection for the exhibition does not constitute nomination for the award
– Entrants selected for the exhibition will be notified by email
4. Judging and Private View– The judges decision will be final. Unfortunately, feedback on the decisions made will not be possible for individual entrants
– Five entries will be nominated for the Document Award 2010
– We expect the five nominated students to attend the private view of the Document exhibition in London at which the winner will be announced on 21 Jan 2010
– Nominated students will be notified by email
5. Use of Images– War on Want retains the right to use the successful images in connection with
the promotion of the Document Award and War on Want’s regular publications.The images will not be used in external campaigns without prior agreement
– By ‘successful images’, we mean: images selected for use in the exhibition, nominated images and the winning image
– War on Want is planning to tour the exhibition once the London show is finished. By agreeing to inclusion in the London show, entrants are also agreeing to allow War on Want to take the successful image(s) on tour around the UK during 2010 (venues and dates to be decided)
Contest Prize & TERMS
Exhibition (toured) Nationally in the UK to two other galleries. ELIGIBILITY: Higher Education Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: War on Want retains the right to use the successful images in connection with the promotion of the Document Award and War on Want’s regular publications.The images will not be used in external campaigns without prior agreement.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 96,922 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'