SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
CitiesToBe Photo Award | an urban photography contest
• The CitiesToBe Photo Award is a contest of images that show or reflect on cities and urban life, in any of their complex forms and aspects.
• Any individual over the age of 18 may participate in the CitiesToBe Photo Award, regardless of their geographical location or nationality, by submitting their photograph through the form available at https://www.citiestobe.com/photoaward/.
• One first acquisitive prize of 1,500 euros will be awarded to the winning photograph
• 10 honorary mentions will be awarded to the finalist images of the CitiesToBe Photo Award
• The winning image and the 10 honorary mentions will be featured in the CitiesToBe Photo Award 2019 ebook, to be digitally –and freely– disseminated to highlight and promote the work of the rewarded authors
• Each participant may present one only photographic image. Participants must hold the rights of the image they submit.
• The photographic images can be conventional photographic work or artistic work that uses photography as a medium. There will be no restrictions on techniques or procedures.
• The photographs must be submitted in JPG format (preferably with Adobe RGB 1998 colour profile), measuring up to 2000 pixels on the longest side and with a maximum size of 5 MB, without the addition of frames, borders or photo captions.
• Entries for the CitiesToBe Photo Award can be submitted from 17th DECEMBER 2019. The final deadline for submitting entries is midnight (CET) on 16th FEBRUARY 2020.
• The Final Decision will be announced on 4th MARCH 2020
Contest Prize & TERMS
• 10 honorary mentions to the finalist images of the CitiesToBe Photo Award
• The winning image and the 10 honorary mentions will be disseminated digitally through CitiesToBe.com and anteverti’s social network channels. This will include the publication of a CitiesToBe Photo Award 2019 ebook featuring the winning and the ten finalist images aimed at acknowledging the work of the awarded authors. Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: By submitting your images to the CitiesToBe Photo Award, the author of each photograph affirms that he or she holds all necessary authorization from the people, places and brands that
may appear in the photographs, with the participant being solely responsible for any claims that may arise and with the organization of the contest (CitiesToBe.com and the company that runs it, Anteverti Consulting SL) being exempt from all responsibility.
The intellectual rights and the rights of exploitation (exhibition, reproduction, communication, publication and public distribution) of the images received will be held by the author of the photographs, without geographical or temporal limits. However, both anteverti and CitiesToBe keep the right to use the images always referencing the context of the photography contest, in the promotion of the same through CitiesToBe.com and social media. USAGE RIGHTS: • The winning photograph will become part of the private collection of anteverti, the organization that runs the blog CitiesToBe.com. It will also be included in the CitiesToBe Photo Award 2019 ebook to be digitally disseminated and, eventually, printed or featured in postcards. In all cases, the appropriate credit will be given to the authors, including their name, surname, the title of the photograph and its associated statement.
• The finalist images will also be included in the CitiesToBe Photo Award 2019 ebook to be digitally distributed and eventually printed (as a physical version of the ebook or as paper postcards). In all cases, appropriate credit will be given to the authors, including their name, surname, the title of the photograph and its associated statement.
• The non-finalist images may be digitally used for promotional purposes of the contest through CitiesToBe.com and anteverti social media channels under the same conditions
stated above. In all cases, the appropriate credit will be given to the authors, including their name, surname, the title of the photograph and its associated statement.
• All submitted materials can be used for the production of the CitiesToBe Photo Award 2019 ebook and/or postcards in case of winning or being finalists. Both the winner and finalists will commit to cooperate on the production of the ebook or postcards by sending the required materials via WeTransfer or similar (images in JPG or TIF format
with the maximum quality and size, and texts in Word or similar open format). Any
translation of the provided texts will be done by CitiesToBe.
Anteverti will never use the photos with the intention of making a profit. If the Organization were to be interested in using any specific photograph for another purpose, the Organization would negotiate the purchase of this photo with the author of the image.
The author of the photographs will always be credited by anteverti and CitiesToBe.com.
The organization of the contest will reject any type of request that may be made by third parties with commercial interests, such as concession, loan, exploitation, sale etc. of the personal details of the participants as well as the images that these participants present to the contest. During the course of the photo contest, the organization may release an advance preview of the photographs that have been submitted. This will only happen within the context of this same contest, and for the purpose of promotion.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 93,783 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'