SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
BiF Prize ‘20: Award for unconventional photographers
BiF Prize is an annual international photo contest that aims to support authors who think outside the box of traditional standards and search for new forms of storytelling.
The award is organized by the online magazine about photography and visual culture Bird in Flight.
Photographers all over the world are welcomed to participate. The choice of theme and creative methods is unrestricted. To apply, an author should submit a photo series (from 5 to 12 images) and, if needed, add other media attachments.
1. Curator, director of photography at Financial Times FT Weekend Magazine Emma Bowkett (the UK)
2. Artist, redefining realness in the context of social identity and fashion, professor of photography at the Royal Academy of Art in The Hague (KABK) Ari Versluis (the Netherlands)
3. Curator, interested in contemporary documentary and original storytelling, artistic director of the international photo festival Cortona On The Move Arianna Rinaldo (Spain)
4. Photographer, founder of the Ukrainian Photography Alternative (UPHA) Misha Pedan (from Ukraine, based in Sweden)
5. Curator, head of the Dissemination Department of the Museum of Photography in Krakow Agnieszka Olszewska (Poland)
6. Photographer, Bird in Flight Prize ‘19 winner Shadman Shahid (from Bangladesh, currently based in the Netherlands)
7. Writer, teacher, photographer, focusing on domestic environment Colin Pantall (the UK)
Contest Prize & TERMS
– Ten best projects determined by the judges will be published on Bird in Flight.
– A special prize in the nomination of the Samsung Readers' Choice Award (its winner will be determined by open voting) is a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra smartphone.
– Another 25 applicants will receive a portfolio review by the jury. The portfolio review will be held online. Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: Entrant represents and warrants that Entrant is the owner/author of and/or has duly acquired all the necessary rights in and to these materials and has a full right to grant to Bird in Flight rights and license specified herein; usage and publication of materials will not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person, violate or infringe any right of privacy or publicity, any obligation of confidentiality, create any liability in tort or otherwise violate or conflict with any other agreement of the Entrant or current legislation. If these materials contain images of personally identifiable people, Entrant represents and warrants that it has all the necessary authorizations related to the publication, distribution and use, including, without limitation, model/property releases and parental consents. USAGE RIGHTS: Entrants grant Bird in Flight an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, transferable right and royalty-free license to reproduce and otherwise use and reuse photographs of Entrants in any language wholly or partly, including but not limited to use of such photographs on any exhibitions, catalogs (including the form of printed magazine) for both commercial and non-commercial purposes, provided that Bird in Flight shall be under no obligation to use any of the rights and licenses granted herein.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 87,756 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'