SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Art of Photography Show
CALL FOR ENTRIES! An international exhibition of photographic art
at the elegant Lyceum Theatre Gallery in
San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter. Exhibition: August 13 – October 16, 2011
Judge: Anne Lyden – Associate Curator at the J. Paul Getty Museum
Producer: Steven Churchill
Now in its 7th year, the Art of Photography Show is an established and critical force in the world of contemporary photography. The show provides tangible benefits to artists trying to break into the public eye.
One of the distinguishing characteristics of this competition and exhibition is that our judge is always a highly acclaimed museum curator. The 2010 competition surpassed our expectations, attracting entries from 67 countries. We are working hard to make the 2011 show our best yet!
This is the seventh year of this major photographic exhibition. Our mission for this annual project is to create an ideal forum for photographers to exhibit and sell their work, reaching our very large community of art collectors, affluent individuals, corporate heads, civic leaders and very influential people who make up the Art of Photography Show audience.
Substantial Tangible Benefits
▪ Intensive marketing and sales plans are underway, resulting in 30,000+ people viewing the Show
▪ Broad publicity strategy will bring considerable media attention to the art and the artists
▪ The opening reception will be a world class event, with many buyers/collectors in attendance
▪ A superb Show Catalog will be printed and given to everyone at all of the special events
▪ Being selected by Anne Lyden is an extremely significant accomplishment, very valuable for one’s bio
Our Previous Judges
▪ Arthur Ollman – Director of the Museum of Photographic Arts
▪ Natasha Egan – Associate Director and Curator at the Museum of Contemporary Photography
▪ Neal Benezra – Director of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
▪ Charlotte Cotton – Director of Photography at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
▪ Hugh Davies – Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
▪ Tim Wride – Director of Photography at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
▪ Carol McCusker – Curator of Photography at the Museum of Photographic Arts
Contest Prize & TERMS
$2,000 1st Place Award
$1,600 2nd Place Award
$1,200 3rd Place Award
$ 800 4th Place Award
$ 400 (11) HM Awards ELIGIBILITY: Open to all, International Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: The copyright of your images belongs to you. Showing your work in this exhibit does not change this fact. Rights to your images are retained by you. USAGE RIGHTS: All entrants agree that any image they submit to the Art of Photography Show may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to the Art of Photography Show.
This use may include, but is not limited to, publication in any Art of Photography Show printed materials, advertisements, electronic media, Internet, television, catalog, DVD, magazine, gallery shows, and artofphotographyshow.com. Any image used by the Art of Photography Show shall carry a credit line of the artist.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 96,002 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'