SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
The 7th BIOART CONTEST, 2019
Topic: The Beauty of Life
Have you heard the term “Desierto Florido” ? Chile’s “Atacamac” desert, which is 50 times drier than California’s Death Valley in the U.S. It’s the phenomenon of over 200 flowers blooming when torrential rains sweep through a desert where nothing seems to be alive.
The strength of the nameless seeds that have endured over the years in a harsh environment where no living creature would ever exist makes us all amazed. But this great and vibrant nature is being collapsed by the human race. Life on Earth which existed for the last hundreds of years is going extinct due to the environmental pollution, reckless development, poaching, and so on. Soon, our descendants will throw back the beauty of fireflies only through the books. What about our society? Lookism and life-depreciation are rampant in the society and are becoming serious social problems. It’s because people only focus on the external appearance, rather than look into the beauty of life itself.
A weed that survives the cold winter in a small crack of asphalt road, a brain-dead patient who gives new life through organ donation, and a blind artist who draws hope with a touch of his hand. Finding and sharing the fundamental beauty of life will be the first step in creating a culture of life, which is being forgotten in our society. We really want to share the beauty of life with people around the world that has been hidden and has not been recognized for a long time.
Contest Prize & TERMS
-Runner-up Prize (3 individual(s) or team(s)): certificate + Prize KRW 1,000,000
-Participation Prize (10 individual(s) or team(s)): certificate + Prize KRW 200,000
-Selection Prize (20 individual(s) or team(s)): certificate Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: 1) All award-winning works will not be returned. (It is going to be printed in Korea for the purpose of exhibition.) The contest host can use award-winning works for marketing and promoting the events by presenting the works through exhibition, workbook, postcard, and others. The works also can be posted online gallery. USAGE RIGHTS: 2) For the prize money, public charge and tax will be levied on the winner.
3) For the group candidates, the prize will be awarded as a group. The prize money will be paid to the group leader.
4) Depending on the quality and quantity of candidate works, the prize giving details are subject to change.
5) Works with inaccurate candidate information or works not complying with the work standards and requirements can be exempted from the evaluation.
6) In case of the works already won the prize from other contests or similar works to other works, awards will be automatically cancelled.
7) In case of legal issues around submitted works and award-winning works, such as plagiarism, copyrights, or image rights, the prize money should be returned and the prize will be invalidated. The relevant candidates are liable for any legal issues incurred in this case.
8) Contest details and schedules are subject to change due to certain circumstances. Any changes will be notified on the website.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 98,880 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'