SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
6th Annual International Photoshare Photo Contest
Photoshare’s Annual Photo Contest is a popular international event mobilizing photographers to share their work for charitable and educational use, in return for a chance to win a prize.
By submitting their images, participants contribute to a growing collection of development-oriented photography, helping non-profits communicate health and development issues worldwide.
Photoshare encourages those who are interested in Photoshare’s mission to participate in the contest. The contest is a great incentive for those who would otherwise share photos year-round but have trouble finding the time. If you are learning about Photoshare for the first time, you may be interested to know…
– Family Planning and Reproductive Health
– Agriculture and Economic Development
– Humanitarian Assistance
– Democracy and Governance
– Global Health
– Human Interest
General Contest Guidelines:
– All entries and accompanying entry forms must be received or postmarked by the date of the contest deadline. Entries arriving late with the proper postmarked date will be accepted up until 2 working days before judging begins.
– Any individual or organization, with the exception of contest judges, are welcome to participate (including both amateur and professional photographers).
– One photo is allowed per category (8 maximum): original color or black & white prints, slides, negatives, and digital images are acceptable. At a minimum, digital images must be approximately 1600×1200 pixels. Photos below the minimum resolution, collages, photos without completed entry forms, and photos previously contributed to Photoshare are not eligible for consideration.
– Originals will be returned upon request at Photoshare’s expense through UPS or DHL when a street address is provided (no P.O. boxes). Photoshare is not responsible for the loss or damage of photographs. However, in the event that photos are lost or damaged on return, Photoshare will resend digital copies, when available.
– Photos will be judged on the basis of content (relevance to category) and quality (e.g. lighting, composition, focus) by an independent panel of judges for cash and camera prizes.
– Entries that violate copyright or the laws of the country in which they were taken are not acceptable.
Contest Prize & TERMS
2nd Place – $750 USD
3rd Place – $500 USD
Outstanding Photoshare Contributor – SLR Digital Camera
Photoshare Image of the Year – Compact Digital Camera
HIFA2015 Photography Award (Best of Healthcare Providers Category) – SLR Digital Camera ELIGIBILITY: Open to all Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: The contest participant grants to The Johns Hopkins University, on behalf of Photoshare at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health/Center for Communication Programs (CCP), a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free license to use such photographs in its Photoshare database, and grants all such other rights, including the right to sublicense, the right to copy, distribute, publicly display or perform, and the right to create derivative works, as may be necessary to meet the requirements of the Photoshare database, and to fully realize and carry out the purposes thereof, without requiring The Johns Hopkins University to notify the Participant, seek the Participant's permission, or owe any form of compensation to the Participant. This agreement will apply to all photographs and other submissions supplied to CCP by the Participant and shall remain in full force and effect until cancelled in writing by either party or superseded by a subsequent agreement. The Participant understands that these images will provide useful information related to people, their living conditions, and their health, and that requests to use the photos will be carefully screened for appropriate and respectful objectives.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 99,988 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'