2020 Peace-Environment International Photo Awards
1. Eligibility: Open to anyone in the world
– Competition categories: Open Competition, Student Competition
2. Themes: “Peace,” “Environment”
– The story behind the themes: Inspired by the fact that Korea is one of the few divided countries in the world and its DMZ(Demilitarized Zone), an Ecosystem Conversation Area, we seek to deliver a message of peace and environmental conservation that the world is longing for.
– Any images relevant to either theme, Peace or Environment, or both can be submitted regardless of the location where they were taken.
1) Submission period : Wednesday, September16, 2020 – Thursday, October 15, 2020
(open for 30 days)
2) The results are expected to be released on Monday, November 9, 2020 on the website. Awarded participants will be contacted individually.
3) The awards ceremony is expected to be held on Friday, November 20, 2020
4) Awarded images exhibition: November 2020 / Venue to be decided
4. Number of images to submit: up to 3 images per participants
5. No entry fee
6. Image submission guidelines
1) Any digital images can be submitted regardless of their form, such as, in color or black and white, smartphone photo, film, etc.
2) All photos must be saved in .jpg and the dimension must be bigger than 3,400 x 2,400 pixels. The file size of the individual image should be no smaller than 5 MB.
7. How to apply : (website) www.letsdmz.or.kr
1) All non-awarded image files will be deleted within 3 months following the end of the competition
2) A participant should submit either category, but not both. Students who are currently enrolled, including in a graduate school, can submit to Student Competition
9. Rejection and disqualification
– Images not photographed by the participants
– Computer graphics or manipulated images
※ Brightness, color balance can be slightly adjusted but the details of the digital post-processing should be listed.
– Images previously awarded in any other contest
– Images irrelevant to the themes
– In case a plagiarism issue arises because of the similarity to another work
– If the submitted image has a limitation in regards to the copyrights or intellectual property rights
10. Host: Gyeonggi Provincial Office (Republic of Korea)
◾ Inquiry: Let’s DMZ 2020 Peace and Environment International Photography Awards Organizing Committees
*The official website is scheduled to open early September 2020.
Contest Prize & TERMS
(1 winner from both competition categories, not respectively)
Gold award (1): 2,00,000 KRW
Silver award (2): 1,000,000 KRW
Bronze award (2): 500,000 KRW
Special mention (10): 300,000 KRW
Gold award (1): 500,000 KRW
Silver award (1): 300,000 KRW
Bronze award (1): 200,000 KRW
Special mention (10): 100,000 KRW
(1 USD = 1,185 KRW) Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: - Each participant owns the copyright of the submitted images.
- The participant is responsible for any legal issues caused by the infringement of another person’s rights such as copyrights. USAGE RIGHTS: - Participants understand that any awarded images may be used by the organizer for marketing and promotional purposes including promotional materials, press releases, etc. with the consent of the photographer.
- Awarded images will be displayed on our online gallery
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 96,377 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'