SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
The Contest of Night Photography
Who is Mario Rubio?
Mario Rubio is mainly engaged in the disclosure of night photography by articles in dozens of digital and print media. It also teaches multiple masterclasses throughout the entire Spanish territory and in other countries.
Trainer of trainers and with a strong presence in social networks shares their knowledge with all guild mates.
Author of what is surely the best selling book in less time on photographic technique: “El fotógrafo en la Noche”
More information on his web page (http://www.fotografonocturno.com/)
This contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers who are over 18.
Night photography in all its varieties: landscape, astrophotography, urban, dioramas, espeleo photography and light painting outdoors or study, etc … will be accepted as long as they maintain the essence of night photography.
Each competitor can submit as many photographs as he/she want, and to which they must hold the intellectual property rights.
It is not necessary that the photographs are unpublished, and may have been taken at any time or awarded in other contests.
The photographs must be at least 2 000 pixels and no more than 10 000 pixels, in JPG (JPEG) format, and can be no larger than 10 MB.
The works will be at all times the property of their authors. Mario Rubio – Fotógrafo Nocturno will not use for any other purpose than show winners in their usual media.
Basic digital processing like white balance, levels, contrast, saturation, focus,… will be accepted. The jury will decide whether or not the photo meets these requirements.
The authors of the photographs they reach the final stage of the discussions may be asked, if necessary, by any means, explanations about the image that the jury deems appropriate, including the RAW files.
Startrails may be submitted (image stacking). In this case, the jury may request the JPGs sequence.
Double exposures may be submitted if the result is a single RAW.
The Olympus Livecomposite mode will be accepted because the result is a single RAW.
Panoramic photos will be accepted and the author may be asked for the RAW or JPG forming the final file.
The blending of different images will be accepted as long as these are not processed individually and form part of the final photograph. The jury may request all photos used to check.
Winners and finalists grant Mario Rubio – Fotógrafo Nocturno the non-exclusive rights to publish the winning and finalist entries. These rights are limited to publication on the Mario Rubio – Fotógrafo Nocturno website, blog, social networks and magazine for the purpose of publishing the contest results, and to promote new competitions.
The contest entry fee is €5, for each photograph submitted. This fee will be charged when each photograph is submitted.
To help jury impartiality, the authors of each photograph will not be displayed until the jury has made its decision.
The jury’s decision will be published after a few days and will be available on both the contest web page, the fotografonocturno.com web page and all their social networks.
Fomunity uses Central European Time and adjusts to Central European Summer Time in the season.
The contest jury will comprise:
– Mario Rubio – fotografonocturno.com
– Antoni Cladera, PhotoPills photographer
– Gabriel González from noctografia.com
The jury’s decision is final.
Each company will be responsible for sending the prize to the winners as long as they are in Spain exempting Mario Rubio – Fotógrafo Nocturno of any responsibility for this task except for the prize awarded by himself.
If any of the winners reside outside Spain, the shipping costs will be the responsibility of the winner. If the winner declines this option, the organisation will decide how to proceed with the award and may leave desert if necessary or make another action.
Works that infringe people’s dignity or human rights will not be accepted.
Works featuring any over-texts, watermarks or any frame or indication of the author’s identity (in the photograph, title or description) will not be eligible for a prize. The jury will reject any photograph that fails to comply with these rules.
Competitors are liable for any image rights or civil liability suits.
Fomunity reserves the right to remove any photograph from the contest if the jury or the Fomunity team considers that the photograph does not fit the proposed theme, without prior notice or notification to the participant.
Any situation not covered by these rules will be decided by the jury and the Fomunity team.
The organisation has the ability to modify these rules without notice in the benefit of the quality, transparency and professionalism of the competition.
The name, email and zip code of the participants will be transferred to Fujifilm, which will use this data to make commercial communications.
This contest backs both purist photographs and the care of nature and, for this reason, special attention will be taken to the new ethical Decalogue of AEFONA.
Contest Prize & TERMS
- Olympus E-M5 MARK II camera + 12-50mm. Valued at €1299. Sponsored by Olympus.
- Fujifilm X-T10 camera + Fujinon XC 16-50mm. Valued at €799. Sponsored by Fujifilm.
- LUCROIT Filter holder + two filters + training course. Valued at €599. Sponsored by Lucroit.
- KS-1 Blue Cream Soda camera from the collection “Sweets Collection” + Pentax lens 18-55mm valued at €590. Sponsored by Pentax España.
- Kit: Alta Pro 254CT carbon tripod + BBH-100 ball head + Adaptor 48 backpack, Valued at €520. Sponsored by Vanguard.
- Assembling an animated video with your photos. Valued at €400. Sponsored by Lapser Studio.
- €300 coupon on equipment at dukefotografia.com. Sponsored by Duke fotografía.
- Samyang 8mm Fish-Eye lens. Valued at €300. Sponsored by Robisa.
- Kit: Night photography training classroom course from Mario Rubio + Fotógrafo Nocturno t-shirt + “El fotógrafo en la noche” book + Night photography on-line course + Fotógrafo Nocturno backpack + Lanyard torch holder valued at €280. Sponsored by Mario Rubio.
- Pack on-line courses DEVELOPMENT and PROCESSING valued at €266. Sponsored by Photo Experience 4U.
- Light Painting Cone Standard Kit. Valued at €210. Sponsored by herramientaslightpainting.com.
- On-line LIGHTROOM courses pack. Valued at €150. Sponsored by LIGHTROOM ES.
- Blue backpack AERFEIS MULTI OPCION NB-0323 valued at €129. Sponsored by FOTORUANOPRO.
- Orange backpack AERFEIS MULTI OPCION NB-0323 valued at €129. Sponsored by FOTORUANOPRO.
- Handmade leather harness for SLR camera. Valued at €125. Sponsored by Teya Project.
- Printing your picture 1m long. Valued at €120. Sponsored by Picglaze.
- FD40 flashlight + battery + flashlight charger focusable 1000 lumens. Valued at €117. Sponsored by Fénix Linternas.
- Photopills license + boy Photopills t-shirt + girl t-shirt + customized training session. Valued at €99. Sponsored by Photopills.
- Flash Yongnuo 560 IV. Valued at €90. Sponsored by articulosfotograficos.com.
Each competitor will only be able to win one prize, regardless of the number of photographs they enter for this contest.
Each company will be responsible for sending the prize to the winners as long as they are in Spain exempting Mario Rubio - Fotógrafo Nocturno of any responsibility for this task except for the prize awarded by himself.
If any of the winners reside outside Spain, the shipping costs will be the resposibility of the winner. If the winner decline this option, the organization will decide how to proceed with the award and may leave desert if necessary or making another action. Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: The works will be at all times the property of their authors. USAGE RIGHTS: Mario Rubio - Fotógrafo Nocturno will not use for any other purpose than show winners in their usual media.
Fomunity reserves the right to use the photographs to show them at the gallery and to announce the winners of the contest in the blog and social profiles.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 100,452 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'