SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Thalassaemia International Federation Photography Contest 2016
Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) is organising a Photography competition for the year 2016, with the aim of creating awareness about thalassaemia, in the context of the International Thalassemia Day, celebrated each year on May 8.
Participation in this contest is open for all ages, and all countries across the world
The deadline for the competition is 30 April.
The subject of this photography contest is based on this year’s theme for the International Thalassaemia Day, which is ” A Day in a Thalassaemia Patients’ Life”
Thalassaemia is a rare hereditary disease of the blood, widespread across the world. It is mainly characterized by fatigue, weakness, or shortness of breath and patients usually have a pale appearance or a yellow color to the skin (jaundice). They require blood transfusions every 1-2 times a month to survive. To get a clearer idea about this disorder, please visit TIF’s video Gallery, to view patients talking about their disease at the following link
The prizes granted by Thalassaemia International Federation for this competition are the following:
The first winner – $ 500,
The second winner – $ 300
The third winner – $ 100
Submissions should be sent to [email protected] with the name and surname of the participant as well as the title of the photography contest title in the subject of the email.
For further clarifications, please contact Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) at [email protected] or 00357 22 319 129
Contest Prize & TERMS
The first winner - $ 500,
The second winner - $ 300
The third winner - $ 100 Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: 1. Each participant can take part with up to 10 photographs.
2. The assessment will be made by a committee assigned by the Thalassaemia International Federation.
3. Each image can only be entered once. Duplicates will be removed.
4. The image must be your original work.
5. You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images entered.
6. Source material or proof of permission to use must be made available on request by TIF.
7. The participants consent to the necessary processing of their personal data.
8. Photographer maintains ownership retaining full rights to photos which they submit.
9. TIF is not responsible for any photograph submitted as your own, for which you are not the owner
10. TIF does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images.
11 . TIF takes no responsibility for corrupted or late entries.
12. TIF reserves the right to withhold prizes if, the quality of entries falls below the standard required. USAGE RIGHTS: 1. The winning image will be used as the cover for our TIF magazine for the gallery after the competition has closed and will be showcased on one of that month’s newsletters
2. The photographs of the participants will be displayed at an exhibition during the month of the International Thalassaemia Day. Pictures of this event will be uploaded on our social media and on TIF’s printed material.
3. In addition, by entering an image, participants grant TIF the right to reproduce it on its electronic communication material and social media with attribution. For example, we may use your images as covers for our printed Magazine or our Newsletter with attribution upon the announcement of the winning entries, indicating the name and surname of the participant as well as their copyrights.
4. By submitting images participants agree that one or some of their images will be show cased online as exemplary photography.
5. TIF has the non-exclusive right to modify and adapt all photos on with good intent (e.g. adding watermark to it, making thumbnail versions of images, etc ). TIF will fully attribute wherever it is displayed (e.g. as part of an exhibition in a photo/ arts gallery or a museum).
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 100,404 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'