SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
World Press Photo 2015
For over 55 years the World Press Photo contest has encouraged the highest standards in photojournalism.
The contest creates a bridge linking the professionals with the general public. As the announcement of the winners makes headlines around the world, so the inspirational role of photojournalism is highlighted to an audience of hundreds of millions.
All the prize-winning photographs are assembled into an exhibition that travels to 45 countries over the course of a year, and published in our yearbook. Over two million people go to a hundred different venues to see the images, and our yearbook is published in seven languages and distributed worldwide.
The contest is judged by leading experts in visual journalism who represent various aspects of the profession. The composition of the jury is changed from year to year, they operate independently, and a secretary who has no vote safeguards our fair and balanced judging procedure.
Our archive of winning images is not only a record of more than half a century of human history, but a showcase of successive styles in photojournalism.
World Press Photo 2015 – Contest Jury
World Press Photo is proud to present the jury members of the 58th photo contest.
This group of internationally recognized professionals in the field of photojournalism and documentary photography will gather in Amsterdam beginning of February 2015, headed by jury chair Michele McNally, assistant managing editor of The New York Times. Category chairs are underlined in the list below.
• Michele McNally, USA, director of photography and assistant managing editor The New York Times
• Walter Astrada, Argentina, freelance photographer
• Mikko Takkunen, Finland, associate photo editor Time
• Donald Weber, Canada, photographer
• Mariella Furrer, Switzerland, photographer
• Munem Wasif, Bangladesh, photographer Agence Vu
• Mark Baker, Australia/New Zealand, Southeast Asia photo editor The Associated Press (AP)
• Bob Martin, UK, photographer
• How Hwee Young, Singapore, regional chief photographer China region European Pressphoto Agency (EPA)
• Peter-Matthias Gaede, Germany, journalist and consultant executive board member Gruner + Jahr
• Bruno D’Amicis, Italy, photographer
• Christina Mittermeier, Mexico/USA, executive director Sea Legacy
• Alessia Glaviano, Italy, senior photo editor Vogue Italia and L’Uomo Vogue
• Laura Pannack, UK, photographer
• Azubuike Nwagbogu, Nigeria, director African Artists’ Foundation
Joining the chairs in the second week to make up the general jury:
• Patrick Baz, France/Lebanon, photo manager for the MENA region Agence France-Presse (AFP)
• Pamela Chen, USA, editorial director Instagram
• Documentary and general jury: David Campbell, Australia, writer, professor and producer
• Specialized categories: Simon Njami, Cameroon, independent curator, lecturer and art critic
• Specialized categories: Maria Mann, USA, director international relations, European Pressphoto Agency (EPA)
Contest Prize & TERMS
COPYRIGHT: The photographer grants World Press Photo permission to use prize-winning material in all media, including online, in relation to the contest, the exhibition, the yearbook, and all promotional activities for World Press Photo, without any remuneration being due. This permission is limited to an 18-month period from the announcement of the 2015 awards and is applicable only if the material is selected by the jury. USAGE RIGHTS: The photographer grants World Press Photo permission to use prize-winning material in all media, including online, in relation to the contest, the exhibition, the yearbook, and all promotional activities for World Press Photo, without any remuneration being due. This permission is limited to an 18-month period from the announcement of the 2015 awards and is applicable only if the material is selected by the jury.
The photographer grants World Press Photo permission to use material submitted in the contest and selected by the jury indefinitely and without any remuneration being due, in its online archive showcasing the results of previous contests.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 101,541 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'