SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Athens Photo Festival
Athens Photo Festival is the annual festival of photography in Greece and a premier cultural event in Athens, established in 1987 by the Hellenic Centre for Photography. It is the first festival of photography in Greece, and one of the five oldest of its kind in the world. Exploring issues relevant to our times, our programmes work internationally and locally, encompassing a variety of initiatives that enable people to understand and enjoy photography.
The upcoming edition marks the start of a new era, allowing the Festival to expand its role within an international network of periodic contemporary photography events. This ambition is reflected in the move to a new venue as well as to a new date, affording new possibilities. The next edition of the festival will take place during May-July 2015. The main exhibitions will be presented at the Benaki Museum, one of the oldest and most prestigious museums in Greece.
At the core of the programme is a series of initiatives and events such as portfolio reviews, talks, screenings, educational activities and other parallel events. In addition to the main program, the satellite exhibitions encourage community involvement through the satellite exhibitions across the city of Athens in galleries, cultural centres and institutions.
Contest Prize & TERMS
• Participation in production cost of works included in the Main Programme.
• Accommodation for the international guests for two nights during the opening week.
• 100 finalists will have the opportunity for a 12-month presence on APhF:Insider’s Network, an online platform to showcase their work as well as introduce them to 60+ influential industry professionals from all around the world, who are always willing to discover ‘new’ photography from emerging or established artists. This is a non-official section, independent of the Festival’s curatorial team.
• 40 finalists will have the opportunity to participate for free to the International Portfolio Reviews 2015 in Athens.
• 5 finalists will have the opportunity to participate for free to the Professional Development Workshop 2015 in Athens, to further develop their practice and bring it with the help of international experts to the next level. ELIGIBILITY: International / 18+ Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: Copyright remains with the artist. Accepted images may be used online and in print to promote awareness of the Athens Photo Festival. USAGE RIGHTS: The selected projects will be presented on the Festival’s website and be part of the Festival’s promotional campaign in print and online media, increase awareness of the selected works in the photography community.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 101,630 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'