SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Galapagos Photography Competition
The Galapagos Islands are one of the world’s natural wonders. If you have been lucky enough to visit the Enchanted Isles and have managed to capture some of the Archipelago’s stunning natural beauty through the lens, why not enter our competition and see what the judges say!
Entry is free but we encourage entrants to make a donation to the Galapagos Conservation Trust. Your donations will support one of our many projects in the Galapagos Islands.
Images submitted to the Galapagos Conservation Trust (GCT) should be unique, interesting, engaging and well-composed, and should be entered under one of the following competition categories:
1. Animal Portrait: Entries should illustrate the natural essence, character, and personality of an animal in its Galapagos habitat. This could be a stunning shot of one of the Archipelago’s more common and iconic species, or an interesting image of a lesser known or photographed animal.
2. Animal Behaviour: Entries should demonstrate a particular aspect of an animal’s natural behaviour. This could be an unusual behaviour rarely seen or a common behaviour depicted in an interesting and inspired way.
3. Landscape: Entries should highlight the natural beauty of the Galapagos landscape. With its volcanic highlands, sloping forests, rocky shores, cliffs, beaches, lagoons and lava flows, Galapagos provides ample opportunities for images in this category.
4. Botanical: Entries should capture the beauty and unique characteristics of botanical subjects in Galapagos. From cacti and mangrove trees to algae and lichen, judges will look for careful composition and pin-sharp focus.
5. Man in the Archipelago: Entries should showcase any aspect of human presence, influence, or activity in Galapagos. This could be scientists conducting cutting-edge research in the field, locals going about their everyday life, tourists enjoying what the Islands have to offer, or a depiction of one of man’s more sinister impacts in the Archipelago.
Entrants may submit a maximum of five images. Each image must only be submitted into a single category, for example, the same image cannot be submitted into both the Animal Portraits and the Animal Behaviour categories. Entrants may enter all five images into a single category, or select different categories for different images, but the total number of images submitted must not exceed five.
We would encourage entrants to submit images covering a range of subjects, rather than five images of a single species.
Images may be colour or black and white.
Contest Prize & TERMS
The winner of each category in the competition will receive a copy of GCT's 2015 calendar and the winning images, as well as the runner-up images for each category, will appear on GCT's website.
PLEASE NOTE: For the chance to be included in the GCT Calendar, images must have a landscape orientation. Portrait-orientated images will still be accepted for the competition but cannot be included in the calendar. ELIGIBILITY: Open to All
Only digital images greater than 2MB and 1600 pixels on the shortest edge will be accepted Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: Photographers retain the copyright of any entered photos. All entries must be the original work of the entrant, and must not infringe on the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole copyright in all photographs entered. USAGE RIGHTS: Your entry into this photo competition constitutes your agreement to grant the Galapagos Conservation Trust (a) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, and publicly display the photographs you submit to the Galapagos Conservation Trust, for use in any Galapagos Conservation Trust publication or webpage related to the Photographic Competition, and to be used in Galapagos Conservation Trust promotions, including, but not limited to, advertising future photographic competitions, publications from GCT or other organisations, exhibitions, future marketing materials and campaigns, webpages, email bulletins; and (b) the right to use your name, occupation, city, state and country of residence in any publication. We will endeavour to ensure that your images are always duly credited but are unable to take responsibility should your name be omitted.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 101,183 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'