SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Jamestown Audubon Nature Photography Contest
Part of Audubon’s mission is to connect people with nature. The photo contest helps us fulfill that mission in two ways: the photographer connects with nature while making images and the viewer becomes inspired to connect with nature by seeing the images.
The purpose of the contest is to give photographers an outlet to share their work and have it judged, while at the same time inspiring others to connect with nature and raising money to support the work of the Audubon Center & Sanctuary in Jamestown, New York.
There will be one winner per category in two divisions, a total of six (6) winners:
• Youth: ages 8-18 (or still in high school)
• Adult: ages 18 and over (or post high school)
Photos may be taken anywhere in the world. Contest officials reserve the right to refuse photos with inappropriate content. Winners will be chosen in the following categories:
• Wildlife: wild animals of all kinds in their native habitats
• Plants/Trees/Fungi: growing naturally in wild places
• Landscapes: wild, natural places
All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified. Acceptable are adjustments to color, contrast, brightness and sharpness, removal of dust and scratches, cropping, black and white conversions and use of HDRI (high dynamic range imaging).
• Submission Dates and Deadline: Begin submitting now. Deadline is midnight, Saturday, June 30, 2012.
• Judging: Week of July 1, 2012
• Finalists & Winners Announced: Week of July 23, 2012
Contest Prize & TERMS
Adult winners will receive:
• $100 cash
• $50 gift certificate for photo processing at Main Street Photo
Youth winners will receive:
• $50 cash
• $25 gift certificate for photo processing at Main Street Photo ELIGIBILITY: International / 8+ Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: The photographer retains full copyright to his or her images. USAGE RIGHTS: Entrants give Jamestown Audubon permission to use their photographs without compensation on the Contest Website as well as on other Jamestown Audubon websites and in news releases which may appear in print or on third party websites for the purpose of publicizing the contest. Entrants understand that their full name and city of residence may also be used when their photos are used, but they can ask to restrict that.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 101,766 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'