SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
2010 National Wildlife Photo Contest
Give Us Your Best Shot(s)! Our 40th annual photo competition is our biggest ever! We are now accepting entries to the 2010 National Wildlife Photo Contest. Cash prizes of more than $30,000 plus other gifts will be awarded to the winners in seven categories in three separate divisions.
DIVISIONS: Photographers must enter their images in one of the following divisions:
* Pro — Full or part-time professional photographers who receive all or a major part of their income from nature photography.
* Amateur — Beginning or amateur photographers at least 18 years of age, and experienced photographers who do not receive a major part of their income from nature photography.
* Youth — Young photographers ages 13 to 17.
CATEGORIES: Photographers entering in the Pro and Amateur divisions must enter each image in one of the following categories. Photographers entering the Youth division do not need to specify a category, but images must follow the subject matter of one of the categories. The same photo cannot be entered in more than one category. If you wish to move a photo to another category after you have uploaded, simple delete that photo and upload it again in the other category. Judges reserve the right to switch images to other categories.
1. Mammals — Portraits and Behavior
2. Birds — Portraits and Behavior
3. Other Wildlife — Portraits and Behavior (includes underwater life, reptiles, amphibians, insects, spiders and more)
4. Backyard Habitats – Wild Creatures, Native Plants and Natural Settings in Your Yard
5. Connecting People and Nature — People Enjoying the Outdoors
6. Landscapes and Plant Life – Scenic Views and Native Plants in Wild Settings
7. Global Warming – Views Related to Climate Change and Portraits and Behavior of affected species, including American alligator, American lobster, American robin, American pika, Baltimore oriole, Bengal tiger, bighorn sheep, caribou, coral (any species), coral reef fish (any species), Edith’s checkerspot butterfly, gray jay, gray whale, great tit, horned puffin, lesser snow goose, loggerhead sea turtle, Mexican jay, moose, Nashville warbler, northern elephant seal, penguins (Adelie, emperor, Magellanic and rockhopper), pine siskin, polar bear, prothonotary warbler, red squirrel, red-winged blackbird, resplendent quetzal, ringed seal, rufous hummingbird, sockeye salmon, spectacled eider, tufted puffin, Pacific walrus, yellow-bellied marmot.
Contest Prize & TERMS
COPYRIGHT: Entrants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of the photographs they enter except for the following: Your entry to the contest constitutes your agreement to allow your entered photographs—and your name, occupation, city, state and country of residence—to be published as winners or finalists in National Wildlife magazine and on the NWF website, and used for promotions of the NWPC including, but not limited to, publications from NWF and other organizations, exhibitions, a photo contest calendar, a compilation book or electronic collection of photographs, online photo features and contests, and web pages and emails providing NWPC information, updates, rules and photography tips.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 101,756 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'