SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Seven Wonders Photo Contest
The Seven Wonders of Illinois are back! Missed it the first time? Two years ago, The Illinois Bureau of Tourism asked YOU to help determine the official Seven Wonders of Illinois by nominating your favorite beautiful, interesting or just plain quirky destinations around the state.
Thousands of votes were cast and the winning Seven Wonders were:
1. Wrigley Field, Chicago: One of baseball’s oldest and most beloved stadiums in the nation is best known for its charming ivy-covered walls and its die-hard Chicago Cubs fans.
2. Baha’i Temple of Worship, Wilmette: One of only seven Baha’i temples in the world, the Baha’i House is an architectural marvel featuring a nine-sided dome surrounded by beautiful fountains and gardens.
3. Starved Rock State Park, Utica: Offering visitors a destination rich in history and natural beauty with lush forests, Starved Rock State Park features 18 canyons, ancient rock formations and numerous sparkling waterfalls in a breathtaking setting along the Illinois River.
4. Allerton Park and Retreat Center, Monticello: This national natural landmark invites guests to explore a sprawling 1,500-acre estate with picturesque gardens, unique sculptures, winding trails and a stunning mansion.
5. Black Hawk State Historic Site, Rock Island: This historic site pays homage to the Sauk and Mesquakie (Fox) Indian tribes who occupied this area as far back as 12,000 years ago. The site features a tree-lined park with walking paths along the scenic Rock River.
6. Rend Lake, Benton: Rend Lake is the State’s second largest reservoir, and one of the premier vacation spots in Illinois offering travelers boating, water skiing, swimming, shopping, nature trails, golf, fishing and hunting.
7. Meeting of the Great Rivers Scenic Byway, Alton: The 33-mile stretch of highway where the Mississippi, Illinois and Missouri rivers meet to flow to the ocean offers onlookers majestic views, natural wildlife, river attractions and quaint villages.
For seven weeks, starting Thursday, Sept. 24, 2009 through Friday, Nov. 6, 2009 we will be accepting photo submissions for each of the Seven Wonders.
*You are allowed to submit one photo per Wonder.
With the help of our panel of expert photo bloggers, we will narrow down the best photo for each Wonder and leave it up to the public to pick one winning photograph over the course of a week-long voting process. All submitted photos will be featured on our Flickr page with the final seven photos being published on our blog. Visitors to the blog can then vote for their favorite Seven Wonders photo – among the seven choices. The winner will be announced on November 18, 2009.
To enter, submit your original images to email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name and a title for the photo. Entries must be in jpg, TIFF, png or GIF format which is less than 5MB in size. No copies or mechanically reproduced entries will be permitted or accepted. All entries must be submitted online by 5:00 pm (CST) on November 7, 2009. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, late, misdirected, illegible, or mutilated entries. Limit one (1) entry per visitor, per day. Duplicate, incomplete, inappropriate or illegible entries will be disqualified.
Contest Prize & TERMS
Combining a variety of intelligent, easy-to-use features, the DSC-W180/B Cyber-shot® digital camera comes equipped with Smile Shutter™ technology which captures a smile the moment it happens and Face Detection technology that automatically detects up to eight faces and optimizes focus and exposure settings. Powerful and pocket-sized, the W180 also offers superb 10.1 megapixel imaging, 3x optical zoom, seven Scene Selection modes and High Sensitivity ISO 3200 for low-light shooting. Compose shots, read menus and view images on the bright 2.7″ LCD screen.
Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: Submission of photographs constitutes permission for the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Bureau of Tourism and its agents (including advertising and promotions agencies) (collectively “IBOT”) to use the submitted photographs and the submitting party’s name in any advertising or promotions relating to Illinois travel or tourism in any media worldwide in perpetuity, including, but not limited to IBOT web sites and social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Flickr . Submissions may be modified at IBOT’s sole discretion. By submitting a photograph, each person submitting a photograph warrants and represents the following concerning submission of their photograph: (a) the party submitting the photograph is the sole and exclusive owner of the photograph; (b) the photograph will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and (c) any third parties appearing in the photograph have given the party submitting the photograph appropriate consent to be used in the photograph and as permitted in the rules for this submission. By submitting a photograph, each person submitting a photograph also agrees to release and hold harmless IBOT (including its advertising and promotions agencies) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (the “IBOT indemnitees”) from all liability, damages, cost or expenses of any kind which may occur in connection with any claims concerning publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action. Each person submitting photographs containing third parties may be required to obtain releases from all third parties appearing in such photograph.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 105,305 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'