SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Riviera Maya Underwater Photo Contest
It is with great pleasure that the Riviera Maya Dive Alliance announces the first free entry Riviera Maya Underwater Photo Contest to be held the week of 5th – 12th of December 2009 in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
To celebrate the diversity of diving in the Riviera Maya the 1st Riviera Maya Underwater Photo Contest has been brought to you by local dive centers of the Riviera Maya Dive Alliance in Playa del Carmen.
The Riviera Maya Dive Alliance is a network of local dive centers dedicated to the promotion of quality diving in the Riviera Maya. Its mission is to organize events and other promotional activities in order to foster the diving community.
The Riviera Maya Underwater Photo Contest is an international annual event designed to encourage divers to expand their diving and underwater photography skills. Divers from around the world will come to Playa del Carmen to participate in a memorable week-long experience that includes diving, social events, workshops and culminates in the presentation of winning photos and awards ceremony.
2- Reef fish/mammals/corals
4- Open e.g. wreck/equipment/divers
1. Registration deadline for participants is December 5th 9pm. All images must be entered to the judges no later than December 10th 9pm.
2. The Riviera Maya Underwater Photo Contest is open to all photographers. Eligible photos have to be taken on a guided tour of the RMDA during the event by the person who submitted the entry to the event.
3. No pool or aquarium shots will be accepted.
4. Photos will be anonymously judged; all decisions will be final.
5. Ownership and copyright of all entries remain with the photographer and a model release must be obtained (if appropriate) Riviera Maya Divers Alliance reserves the right to publish the winning photos without compensation for educational purposes, in brochures or for future contest promotion. The winning photographs will also be printed and used as a traveling exhibit for future events held by the Riviera Maya Divers Alliance. Credit will be given to all winners.
6. Contestants are limited to 2 entries per category, photos must be submitted digitally
7. Digital manipulation is not allowed (e.g. photoshop.)
8. Winners will be announced at the Awards dinner on the 11th of December 2009.
Marine animals should never be stressed or endangered for the sake of a photo. Entries will first be screened by our judges. Entries exhibiting the following behavior will be placed out of contest.
1. Divers visibly damaging the environment (e.g. gear dragging or kicking up sand)
2. Animals with signs of stress (e.g. puffed puffers, inking octopus, animals in nets, cages or hooked on a line)
3. Animals moved to an unnatural environment or risky location.
4. Animals being fed artificial food from divers No feeding fish .
5. Delicate marine life being touched (e.g. coral polyps, seahorse tails). Marine life interaction has been (and always will be) good u/w photo subject matter but only when the marine life is not endangered e.g. holding a turtle.
6. Marine Aquaria Wildlife belongs in the wild, not zoos! This includes dolphins in sea-pens.
7. Divers exhibiting poor buoyancy control
8. Underwater images of all kinds, taken by any camera, focusing on the marine or cenote environment and conservation. Subject matter must address a marine or cenote related environmental issue. The goal in this is to convey a real-world message in marine conservation.
Schedule of the Underwater Photo Contest event
-December 5th: Arrival day with evening Inauguration of the event week, presentation etc.
-December 6th: Diving activities until afternoon and Dive Fair in the evening
-December 7th: Diving activities until afternoon and ProTec Photo workshop in the evening
-December 8th: Diving activities until afternoon and offical sponsor event in the evening
-December 9th: Diving activities until afternoon and Abyss Movie and scuba quiz in the evening
-December 10th Diving activities until afternoon and Tank-Ha event in the evening
-December 11th Optional diving activities in the morning and closing dinner as well as awards presentation in the evening
-December 12th Departure day
Contest Prize & TERMS
COPYRIGHT: The rights of the images stay with the photographers. The organizers retain the right to use the images for future promotion of said event with full credit given to the photographer
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 101,584 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'