SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
North Pacific Research Board 2010 Photography Contest
The North Pacific Research Board are now accepting images for the 2010 Photo Contest.
We welcome original images of coastal or ocean seascapes or sea life within U.S. waters from the Gulf of Alaska, Prince William Sound, the Aleutian Islands, Bering Sea, Bering Strait or Beaufort/Chukchi Seas, particularly subjects that relate to NPRB’s research themes, which include seabirds, marine mammals, plankton, fishes and invertebrates, as well as images of people engaged in conducting research, diving, fishing, subsistence, and other activities.
- Include the location and date of the image in your photo caption.
- Please do not include photographs of pets or domestic animals. Images of captive animals photographed in zoos and aquariums or research laboratories are also prohibited. Please clearly label animals as wild in digital caption information to assist judges in determining eligibility. If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to NPRB upon request.
- Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still warrant full usage rights. However, upon submission you must disclose when and where the photo previously appeared.
- Entrants must not infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person, or submit images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife or damage to the environment by the photographer.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard removal of dust, cropping, color/contrast adjustments, etc. will be disqualified.
How to enter
A maximum of 5 images will be accepted per entrant. Entrants must check the appropriate age category (Adult or Youth) for their submission. Submissions will be accepted on portable digital material such as a CD or DVD. CDs/DVDs will not be returned. Submit a signed copy of the Official Rules along with your submission.
We do not accept images via email. Please drop off or mail images to NPRB Photo Contest, 1007 West 3rd Ave., Suite 100, Anchorage, AK, 99501.
Contest Prize & TERMS
Adult (over 18): $1,200 First Prize, $600 Second Prize, $300 Third Prize ELIGIBILITY: United States Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: Contestant retains all rights to any photograph submitted -- including ownership if applicable -- other than those rights licensed in the next sentence. By entering the contest, Contestant hereby grants to NPRB: ** a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs submitted to NPRB, and **the right to use Contestant's name, city, and state of residence in promotions and other publications.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 101,091 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'