SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Sharks in Focus 09 Photo Contest
Sharks in Focus is back!
By popular demand, the shark photography competition is back with five new categories including a video shark showreel! As always there is huge variety of fantastic dive prizes to be won, so to be in with a chance enter your best photos and videos now!You even don’t have to get wet to take an image for Sharks in Focus 2009 as images from above the water are just as welcome as below and with such a range of categories there should be something for everyone.
1. Shark! Capture the character and celebrate all that is magnificent about sharks, skates and rays.
2. Best of British: We have a phenomenal diversity of sharks, skates and rays in British waters, and whether you encounter them in our seas or elsewhere we’re keen to showcase them.
3. Endangered: Overfishing, habitat destruction and the curio trade have brought many species of shark to the brink of extinction. Giving profile to threatened species as well as the challenges they face is a vital step in securing their conservation.
4. Shark Culture: This category highlights how sharks have been feared and revered. The iconic image of a shark is used throughout the ages to depict speed, power and menace, whilst in some cultures sharks are honoured as gods, protectors and guides.
5. Shark Showreel: New to Sharks in Focus 2009, Shark Showreel is a category for short video clips. Whether you’ve captured interesting behaviour, filmed evidence of sharks under threat or simply had a great shark encounter this is the category for you.
The images will be judged by renowned underwater photographers, marine biologists and authors Alex Mustard and Tom Peschak, and TV presenter, polar explorer and passionate diver Paul Rose.
The winners will be announced at the NEC Dive Show in October and the best images and video clips will be exhibited, feature on the 2010 Diver calendar and support the conservation work of the Shark Trust, the Sharks in Focus sponsors have pulled out all the stops to entice you to enter this great competition!
With prizes for adult entries in each of the five categories and for the best youth (18 years or under) entry across all the categories, the sponsors of Sharks in Focus 2009 make this competition too good to resist! From state of the art underwater video equipment to dive computers, cameras and housings, dive kit and vouchers towards your next holiday, as well as photography training sessions and shark t-shirts for the runners up – there is truly something for everyone!
You can submit your images through the Shark Trust website from 1st July to the 6th September. Images will be displayed on the online Shark Gallery and videos submitted will be displayed on the Shark Trust YouTube Channel.
Contest Prize & TERMS
COPYRIGHT: The copyright of the image/video being submitted must be held by the entrant, or written permission from the copyright holder must be held for the entrant to submit the image/video in the name of the photographer. If the entrant is 18 years of age or under by 1st July 2009, please provide the email address of a responsible adult. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant to ensure this requirement is met, and evidence of this may be requested.Your entry into the competition constitutes your agreement that your photographs/videos and your name may be published on the Shark Trust website, on Divernet and in publications or materials directly associated with the Shark Trust and DIVER.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 101,628 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'