SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Capture Quality Family Time at Breakfast on Camera
To celebrate 45 years of breakfast with nutella, the hazelnut spread launches family photography competition.To celebrate 45 years of nutella at breakfast, the hazelnut spread is inviting families to take part in a photography competition featuring their families enjoying breakfast. To enter, parents should submit a picture which captures families enjoying breakfast together. All suitable entries submitted to www.wakeuptonutella.co.uk will be in with a chance of winning one of 10 family portrait photo shoots with renowned photographer Ken Sharp, a breakfast hamper and a family day-out in London.
The recent nutella making the most of breakfast 2009 report found that having breakfast together not only gives you and your kids the chance to share quality time but, as the name suggests, it breaks the overnight fast and gives kids the fuel they need to start the day. At breakfast, nutella on wholegrain toast can be a good option because it has a taste children love and releases its energy slowly.
Actress and Celebrity Mum, Sheree Murphy, who is supporting nutella’s 45th birthday photography competition comments; “Breakfast is such an important meal of the day but often forgotten. We all know how busy it can be in the morning, sometimes it’s just not possible to spend the time together as a family, but when you can, make the most of it by doing quality things such as talking about the day ahead or doing something that all the family can join in on. The nutella breakfast photography competition is a great way of getting the whole family involved & having fun together”.
To help you capture the best moment Ken reveals his top tricks of the trade:
• Make them natural – the best pictures are usually the most natural ones. If you get people to stop and pose the photograph can look really staged.
• Don’t say cheese – the best way to get a lovely smile from your child is to say something that makes them happy, get them to say cheese and you may end up with a forced grimace!
• Go in close – Getting close focuses on the subject and cuts down on any clutter that may be in the background.
• Cut the flash – If your camera allows it, try turning off the flash, you will be surprised at how much more natural the results will be.
• At the ready – Keep your camera handy, that way you can get on with enjoying quality family time at breakfast rather than thinking about whether or not you are going to miss capturing the perfect picture
Families can enter as many times as they like with the 10 best pictures winning a family portrait photo shoot. All suitable entries will be included in a giant breakfast mural which will go live on the website in September.
Notes to editors
• Entrants may upload images of their family breakfast at www.wakeuptonutella.co.uk the competition is open until midnight on 27th July 2009.
• The winners will be the 10 photos that in the opinion of the judges best demonstrate families enjoying quality time at breakfast at home.
• Photographs must be of minimum of 72dpi and a maximum file size of 10MB
• Entrants must be over 18
Contest Prize & TERMS
COPYRIGHT: Copyright: the entrant must own the copyright in the photograph they submit. In general, this means that they took the photograph. By submitting a photograph the entrant gives the Promoter an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use the photograph for the purposes of this competition and for promoting the Promoter's products. For example, the entrant agrees that the Promoter may use a photograph: with other photographs, images, works and graphics and/or in the context of anything else relating to this competition and the promotion of the Promoter's products. To the extent permitted by law, the entrant waives their moral rights in any photograph they submit. For example, the Promoter does not have to credit the entrant, or any other person, as the photographer.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 101,303 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'