SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
The National Geographic Energizer Ultimate Photo Contest
Do you have a winning shot? Send in your best photos—in categories like Animals/Wildlife, Travel, and Weather—for a chance to win a National Geographic Expeditions trip for two to the Galápagos Islands! The winning photo will also be featured in National Geographic magazine.
- Animals / Wildlife
Have a great photo of Fido, birds in your backyard, or lions in the Serengeti? Send in your best shots of fins, fur, and feathers.
Submit your shots that best capture the beauty, excitement, and grandeur of the great outdoors—from mountains to coral reefs.
- People / Cultures
Have photos that capture the unique and interesting people or cultures you’ve met? Send them in!
Got a great shot in San Francisco? Capture a magical moment in Milan? Send in your best travel snapshots.
Rain or snow, sunshine or storm—send in your shots of Mother Nature at her best. Or worst.
- Inspiration / Keep Going®
This is the place for those photos that capture perseverance, boundless energy, and that never-quit spirit that inspires us all to Keep Going®.
One (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen from among the six (6) first place winners in the Energizer Ultimate Photo Contest, and he or she will receive all of the First Place and Finalist prize items listed as well as the following: A National Geographic Expeditions trip for two (2) persons to the Gala’pagos Islands, accompanied by an expert team of naturalists. Traveling aboard the National Geographic Endeavour, experience up-close encounters with unique wildlife and snorkel amid the fish, sea turtles, penguins, and playful sea lions. Cruise to pristine islands and walk among colonies of animals and birds unfazed by your presence.
The Grand Prize winner’s photograph will also be published in the December 2009 issue of National Geographic magazine.
First Place Prize
Six (6) category winners will be chosen from the Energizer Ultimate Photo Contest, and they all will receive all of the Finalist prize items listed as well as the following:
A framed, signed 16 x 20 print of their choice from Jim Richardson’s photography gallery Web site.
Twelve (12) category finalists (two per category) will be chosen from the Energizer Ultimate Photo Contest, and they all will receive the following:
- 2.0 USB Port Print Scanner. Even when original negatives or slides have been lost, you can still easily preserve your travel memories for generations to come with this compact desktop scanner. Three trays perfectly sized to hold 3″ x 5″, 4″ x 6″, and 5″ x 7″ prints make it easy to capture 5.0-megapixel scans with a push of a button, and without the hassle of arranging aging prints on a large flatbed scanner. Automatic color-balance adjustments mean you’ll have clear digital travel memories without needing any additional software or corrections.
- National Geographic’s Organize Your Digital Life. This 192-page guide delivers basic step-by-step instructions on how to organize your “digital life.” From teenagers who thrive on the technical to families with overflowing photo albums and seniors who’d love to collate decades’ worth of letters and pictures—this reader-friendly source has all the answers. These easy-to-follow solutions can truly enhance and simplify the hectic, oversaturated lives so many of us find ourselves leading today.
- National Geographic’s The Photographs. This stunning volume was the gift book of the year when it first published, and the images that grace its pages remain iconic. From the famous Afghan girl whose haunting green eyes stare out from the book’s cover, and her poignant story that captured the world’s interest, to award-winning photography culled from the Society’s vast archives, The Photographs offers readers 360 pages of National Geographic’s sharp-eyed view of the world.
- Energizer Ultimate Lithium brand batteries. Six (6) packages of double-A batteries with four (4) AA batteries per package, and two (2) packages of triple-A batteries with four (4) AAA batteries per package.
To enter, visit www.nationalgeographic.com/energizer and follow the links and instructions to complete the registration form and upload a photograph
All digital files must be 5 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image);
Each entrant may submit entries in any Theme category he/she wishes and may submit entries at different times during the entry period, but no entrant may submit more than one (1) entry per Theme (6 total submissions allowed per entrant). A single email address may be used by only one entrant; entries by additional entrants using the same email address will be disqualified. If an entrant exceeds any of these limits, all of that entrant’s entries will be disqualified.
Contest Prize & TERMS
COPYRIGHT: No photos will be acknowledged or returned. By entering a photo in this Contest, Entrant grants a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license Sponsor and Energizer to edit, adapt and publish such photo in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, and Sponsor may use the photo in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without attribution, compensation, permission or further notification to the entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity, unless prohibited by law. Except for the foregoing license, Sponsor does not claim ownership of any copyright in Contest Submissions.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 101,307 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'