SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014
The Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014 is now accepting entries. How do you fancy heading off to the Arctic in spring 2015 on the adventure of a lifetime? That’s the amazing prize awaiting the overall winner of this year’s Outdoor Photographer of the Year competition.
1) Light On The Land – Under sunset’s fiery skies, in fleeting twilight, with the gentler light of the moon, or with the first rays of a new day, we are looking for stunning landscape images from anywhere in the world.
2) Wildlife Insight – There has never been a better time to be a wildlife photographer. We are looking for compelling compositions showing the spirit and behaviour of wildlife around the planet
3 ) Live the adventure – Capture adventure activities and adventure travel around the globe. From hiking and mountain biking to intriguing cultures and amazing festivals, we want to see the thrill and beauty of life lived to its maximum.
4) At the water’s edge – Lakes, rivers, waterfalls and the coast make for some of the most appealing outdoor photography subjects. We want to see inspiring images of them either in their wider environment or more intimate views.
5) Small world – Nature can be at its most amazing in the smallest forms. We want to see your macro and close-up photographs of the plants and insects all around us that often go unnoticed.
6) Under exposed – We want to celebrate the breathtaking photographic work that is going on underwater. From seas and oceans to rivers and lakes, we are looking for images that showcase the remarkable world beneath the surface.
Young oPOTY 2014 – Nature is my world: for outdoor photographers aged 18 or under, to shoot landscapes, nature or wildlife subjects that matter most to them.
Entries will be judged on style, creativity, originality, technical execution and presentation. The winners of the Outdoor Photographer of the Year Competition will be determined by the judges in accordance with the competition rules. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Judging will take place in January 2015, with the overall winner announced live at the awards ceremony at the Telegraph Outdoor Adventure & Travel Show in February 2015. The category winners will be notified by the 14 January 2015 via email or phone, and the category winning images will appear in the March 2015 issue of Outdoor Photography, on sale 12 February 2013. The overall winner’s image will appear in the April 2015 issue of Outdoor Photography, on sale 12 March 2015.
Contest Prize & TERMS
JPEG files only, saved at quality level 8 to 10, 72ppi, RGB, and the image must be a maximum of 2100 pixels on the longest side (which equates to around 29 inches at 72dpi), and a minimum of 1500 pixels on the longest side Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: All images submitted must be the entrants’ own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third party materials including third party trade marks or trade names and/or content that you do not have permission to use.
Copyright of all entries remains with the photographer at all times USAGE RIGHTS: the Promoter and the sponsors of the Competition and their associated group companies reserve the right to use, publish and republish entries in connection with the Competition, without payment.
By entering this Competition the entrant grants permission to the Promoter and sponsors and their associated group companies to reproduce the entrants photos in any media (including without limitation on the OPOTY Website, in the Outdoor Photography Magazine) whether or not the image is selected as a winning entry of any of the categories, but only in connection with this competition.
The entrant of a winning entry of one of the Competition Categories including the Under 18 and Overall Winner categories grants the Promoter and sponsors the right to use their name and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying them as the author of the winning image(s).
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 102,301 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'