FOTOFILMIC’14 COMPETITION. Fotofilmic is an independent global film-photography publication and curation platform dedicated to emerging and unknown photographers working on film and analog / historical processes. FOTOFILMIC’14 is the 2nd edition of FotoFilmic’s annual global film photography competition following last year’s inaugural FotoFilmic’13 Competition.
The FotoFilmic Competition involves 2 parts:
1. A 6-month Online curated SHORTLIST of 90 film photographers selected through 3 consecutive 2-month calls (ShortList1, ShortList2 and ShortList3 with 30 artists per list)
2. An international juried exhibition of contemporary film photography – FotoFilmic’14 – featuring 30 final winners and prints from the completed SHORTLIST.
FOTOFILMIC’14 TRAVELING EXHIBITION | LAX/YVR
New to 2014, the FotoFilmic exhibition will open in 2 different galleries, cities and countries: First at the drkrm Gallery in Los Angeles, California, in August 2014 then at the Back Gallery Project in Vancouver, Canada in October 2014.
As experienced academics and advanced artists, the FotoFilmic curating team will look at submitted work with a fresh and unencumbered perspective devoid of reference to experience, establishment or achievements
- Marc Steinmetz (Athens, GA, USA)
- Anne Lass (Berlin, Germany)
- Alejandro Cartagena (Monterrey, Mexico)
- Nathalie Daoust (Montreal, QC, Canada)
- Aglaé Bory (Paris, France)
- John Matkowsky (Los Angeles, CA, USA)
- drkrm Gallery, Los Angeles, CA, USA | August, 2014
- Back Gallery Project, Vancouver, BC, Canada | October, 2014
GENERAL SUBMISSION DATES: December 16, 2013 – June 15, 2014
4 – 10 images, film photography-based, for inclusion in the FotoFilmic’14 SHORTLIST
Individual SHORTLIST Calls Dates (Midnight, PDT deadlines):
- ShortList1: December 16, 2013 – February 16, 2014 (current deadline)
- ShortList2: February 17 – April 13, 2014
- ShortList3: April 14 – June 15, 2014
Individual SHORTLIST Winners announcements:
- ShortList1: Monday, February 17, 2014
- ShortList2: Monday, April 14, 2014
- ShortList3: Monday, June 16, 2014
FotoFilmic’14 Exhibition Jury deliberation: Monday, June 16 – Sunday, June 29, 2014
FotoFilmic’14 Exhibition Winners Announcement: Monday, June 30, 2014
Contest Prize & TERMS
- 2 Honorable Mentions - 4th & 5th Places - FotoFilmic'14 Online Features - 90 film photographers, short interview format with 3 questions + 3 photographs, 1-year duration
- Exhibition Catalog (30 Exhibitors, full page + 60 Short Listed Photographers, thumbnail format)
ELIGIBILITY: International / 18+
jpeg format, 500 KB maximum per file, minimum of 4 photographs, only submit work shot on film Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: All work entered must be the photographer’s own. Entrants also guarantee that all copyrights corresponding to the work submitted in their name are theirs, or that in the case copyrights have been ceded to a third party they have effectively obtained express authorization from the third party to use their imagery for the purpose of being exhibited and published at FotoFilmic’14.
USAGE RIGHTS: By submitting work to the FotoFilmic’14 Competition, photographers agree to the use of their imagery for strictly promotional purposes in relation to the FotoFilmic’14 Competition online publications as well as printed marketing materials.