For the third year running Sky Arts, in association with IdeasTap, is giving away five £30,000 bursaries and mentoring support to talented artists aged 18-30 from the UK and Ireland in the Sky Arts Futures Fund. And this year, it could be you… Sky Arts recognises that there’s an incredible amount of young talent in the arts today, but finding a way to get your work made is an ever-present challenge – so together we’re on the lookout for five more artists to support.
The fund is designed to help emerging artists from a range of different disciplines to develop their creative practice and take their work to the next level. In addition to the £30,000 bursary, winners are also paired with relevant business and creative mentors from Sky and their industry to support them along the way.
Tthe Futures Fund is open to applications from individuals working in the following fields:
• Performing arts: theatre-makers including directors, spoken word artists, puppeteers and live artists
• Dance: dancers and choreographers
• Music: musicians, composers, songwriters and conductors
• Visual art: including painters, sculptors, photographers, animators and digital artists
• Creative producing: do you bring together disparate parts of culture in exciting and innovative ways? This category is open to creative producers working in visual arts, theatre, film and performance/dance
• Creative writing: including playwrights, novelists, graphic novelists and poets – but not film or TV scripts
The five winners won’t necessarily come from five different categories. Looking at all the applications, the judges will pick the five entries they believe to be the strongest overall.
The fund is for activities, projects and the development of ideas that take place between March 2014 and March 2015. A minimum of 1/3 of the funding awarded must be used solely on the project outcome. An outcome could include an event, production, exhibition, performance or body of work. The remaining fund may be used for living costs and travel expenses. All fund winners must clearly and transparently document their expenses throughout the year
Contest Prize & TERMS
ELIGIBILITY: UK or Irish citizen / 18 - 30 Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: All intellectual property in the applicant’s work will remain with and belong to the individual applicant
USAGE RIGHTS: If successful the applicant licenses bskyb (Sky) and IdeasTap to use their Intellectual Property for the purposes of the Sky Arts Futures Fund.
Sky and IdeasTap reserve the right to publicise and promote all applications and funded projects, including individual profiles, portfolio content and project summaries.
The name, photograph and application of the successful applicants may be used by Sky and IdeasTap for publicity purposes. The winners agree to allow Sky and IdeasTap to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in association with Sky Arts Futures Fund without additional remuneration