International call for submissions: Photographers/Digital Artists/Graphic Artists; Theme: ABSTRACTIONS – abstract interpretations of any subject matter using any style of photography or digital art. $2,300 in cash awards and other prizes given to top 3 finalists. Some prizes awarded by Alien Skin Software, Manhattan Arts International and Art & Beyond. Best In Competition also receives development of electronic media kit, press release to be used in other promotional activities and a solo, online exhibition. Finalist online exhibition starts February 16, 2013 and Best In Competition Solo exhibitions starts March 16, 2013.
Judging Criteria: Creativity, Impact, Composition, Consistency with theme
Contest Prize & TERMS
1) A specifically formatted for artists, electronic media/press kit that includes about the artist, artist statement, bio, reviews of work, solo/group exhibitions, awards, questions and answers about the artists, contact information and other promotional materials tailored to the “Best In Competition” winner (valued at $400)
2) A press release about the “Best In Competition” artist that can be customized to fit many different promotional opportunities as well as one for a specific market chosen by the artist (valued at $100)
3) A online solo-exhibition following the month of the top finalist exhibition
4) An E-mail press release, released by EWW promoting “Best In Competition” as well 2nd and 3rd Place to contacts that include: major media outlets, trade journals, social media, selected gallery owners and/or directors, corporate art representatives, interior designers and other buying markets.
5) “Photo Bundle” from Alien Skin Software (valued at $495)
6) Free, one year, membership with inclusion in their national on-line and print magazine from Art & Beyond Publications
7) ”Featured Artist” profile, accompanied by two images, written by Renee Phillips, director of Manhattan Arts International on her Artrepreneur Coach blog (estimated value exceeds $250)
2ND PLACE: Cash award of $150 US – PLUS “Exposure 4″ from Alien Skin Software (valued at $249) one year
3RD PLACE: Cash award of $100 US – PLUS “Blow Up” from Alien Skin Software (valued at $199)
In addition, EWW will also provide links to the “Best In Competition”, 2nd and 3rd place winners’ websites all submission selected for final round of judging will be posted in the “finalist” exhibition.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to All / 18+ Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: All photographers and digital artists retain the copyright to their images they submit.
USAGE RIGHTS: Any photographer or digital artist whose image is selected to be placed on EWW’s site and blog, gives EWW the right to use the image for the purpose of display only, as well as, for the 1st place's electronic media kit, promotional press releases, other promotional pieces and the EWW archives for 12 months.
After the initial 12 month period, photographer(s) or digital artist(s) will have to give written permission in order for EWW to continue the archive of their images. There will be no compensation for the granting of the above listed rights and EWW has no further interest in the photographers’ or digital artists’ images.