SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
BBC Wildlife Artist of the Year Award 2011
Our competition for natural history artists just gets better and better. In 2010, a wonderful study of a pair of playful tigers bowled over our panel of judges with its energy and optimism, and won young Essex-based artist Natalie Mascall the prestigious title of BBC Wildlife Artist of the Year 2010. Be inspired by last years winners and submit your work to the BBC Wildlife Artist of the Year Award 2011
This years prizes up for grabs inclide a trip to Sabah, Borneo, in search of Orangutans.
The overall winner will receive a holiday to Borneo organised by Wildlife Worldwide and the Sabah Tourism Board. Discover the finest wildlife the region has to offer, from orangutans to proboscis monkeys, and explore its amazing diversity of habitats. The wildlife viewing is second to-none, and combines well-laid-out trails and high canopies with comfortable accommodation to ensure that you have an unforgettable experience. Plus, you’ll learn about key conservation projects and the area’s unique cultures and traditions.
You could also see your art exhibited at Marwell International Wildlife Art Society. All of the category winners will be exhibited at the prestigious annual exhibition of the Marwell International Wildlife Art Society in August 2011, in a special display alongside 200 other artists and sculptors. The awards ceremony will take place on the opening night of the exhibition.
The overall winner will also be displayed at The Natural Eye, the 48th annual exhibition of the Society of Wildlife Artists at the Mall Galleries, London, 26 October– 6 November 2011. The winner will be able to meet fellow artists at the private view.
Have your art published in BBC Wildlife Magazine and online. All of the category winners will be published in the August 2011 issue of BBC Wildlife (on sale 7 July). The winners, runners-up and commendeds will also be published in an online gallery at www.bbcwildlifemagazine.com/competitions
This years categories:
* British Mammals (behaviour and portraits)
* British Birds (behaviour and portraits)
* All Other Wildlife (behaviour and portraits, in the UK and worldwide)
* The Wonder of Plants (British and worldwide)
* Beneath the Water (marine and fresh water)
* Animals in their Environment (British and worldwide)
* World Mammals (behaviour and portraits)
* World Birds (behaviour and portraits)
* Black and White Nature (pencil, lino cuts, etchings, wood block etc)
* Visions of Nature (innovative, creative impressions of wildlife)
* Frozen Planet (please note: entries must feature animal life)
* Endangered Species (entries must feature species listed by the IUCN as ‘Endangered’ or ‘Critically Endangered’)
* International Artists – a category judged digitally, exclusively for artists outside of the UK. This is to save our international entrants the great costs of sending artwork to the UK.
Contest Prize & TERMS
COPYRIGHT: You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all artwork entered, OR if your work is copied from a photograph(s) that is/are not your own, you must have sole permission in writing from the copyright owner to use his/her work. USAGE RIGHTS: The entry of any artwork to the competition constitutes a grant to BBC Worldwide of the non-exclusive right to reproduce it for any purpose in connection with the competition at any time in any media.
The winners consent to the use of their artwork, name and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by BBC Worldwide, without further compensation.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 103,894 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'