SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
Trainspotting 2011 Photo Contest
Following the great success of the inaugural Trainspotting international competition, the Powerhouse Museum proudly presents Trainspotting 2011. Amateur and professional photographers from around the world are invited to enter for a chance to win $5,000 (Australian dollars) and have their photograph exhibited at the Powerhouse Museum.
Enthusiasts of trains, railways and trams can enter up to three images per category and have the opportunity of showcasing their photographic skills.
The Trainspotting competition celebrates the Museum’s significant rail and steam collection and highlights the Hunter Valley Steamfeast event held in Maitland, NSW during the weekend 9-10 April 2011.
Trainspotting competition categories:
* Steam trains (can include locomotive only or locomotive with carriages)
* Diesel electric or electric trains or trams (can include locomotive or power car only or locomotive or power car with carriages)
* Railway infrastructure, including architecture and design (can include buildings and permanent installations such as stations, platforms, tracks, rail bridges, rail signage, turntables, and so on.)
* Trainspotting (in which the subject is the hobby of observing and recording the numbers of railway locomotives and rolling stock)
* People in railway and tram environments
* Mobile phone (photos taken on a mobile phone to include any subjects from the above categories. This can include the use of various applications.)
Contest Prize & TERMS
Overall prize winner – will receive AUD$5,000
Category winners – will each receive AUD$2,000
People’s Choice Award – visitors to the exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum will be able to select a photograph to receive the People’s Choice Award at the close of the exhibition.
Powerhouse Museum Photographers’ Choice Award – the Museum’s photographers will choose an outstanding photograph from the selection of photographs displayed at the Museum. ELIGIBILITY: 18+ / Any country / Professional and amateur photographers Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: No Copyright Policy Listed USAGE RIGHTS: By entering the competition the entrant grants the Powerhouse Museum, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, communicate to the public (via the Powerhouse Museum’s website and third parties’ websites) the image for non-commercial, educational and promotion purposes. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 103,889 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'