SORRY - THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED TO ENTRIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST OPEN TO ENTRY PHOTO CONTESTS
The Berenice Abbott Prize for an Emerging Photographer
Berenice Abbott was a photographer of great accomplishment. Known mostly for her documentary work of New York City in the 1930s, Berenice was also a portrait photographer, an educator, an inventor, and a writer. She believed that all photographers should have personal projects that they are passionate about, no matter what the subject matter. This award is in her honor.
Whether a fine art photographer or documentary photographer, the work submitted for this contest should reflect a cohesive body of work.
Contest Prize & TERMS
• All matting and framing of prints by Universal Art Gallery in Los Angeles (maximum 20×24 frame size)
• Opening Reception at the Julia Dean Gallery on Sat., Oct. 16, 2010
• Round trip airfare to Los Angeles for the exhibit opening
• Hotel for two nights
• Transportation to and from the L.A. airport
• Return of work after exhibit ends (up to $400 in shipping costs) ELIGIBILITY: You are eligible if: • You have never had a one–person show in an established photo or art gallery. • You are not represented by a gallery outside of the state and/or country where you reside. Open to photographers worldwide. Not eligible to enter? - Find contest where you are.
COPYRIGHT: All photographs submitted are the rights of the photographer. However, the Julia Dean Photo Workshops reserves the right to use any or all of the photos submitted for publicity or promotional purposes only, with credit given to the photographer.
Want to be updated about contests?
JOIN OVER 103,402 PHOTOGRAPHERS GET PHOTO CONTESTS VIA EMAIL FOR FREE
Just enter your email address below and click 'Get Updates'